Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First kitchen gathering in new kitchen!

Posted by sanjuangirl (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 10:55

I had my book club in for the first break in of our new kitchen! I was happy about how it came out and enjoyed trying to decorate in a bit of a new style since this kitchen is way lighter than my old one!

Can't wait to see her in a lot of red at Christmas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First kitchen gathering in new kitchen!

I want to be in your book club ... what a delicious-looking spread! Everything looks really lovely.

o

Your book club looks like it has something in common with my bookclub...snack club!

o

Same here, robo!
sanjuangirl, your kitchen looks beautiful! It must feel great to have that first gathering out of the way. Makes you want to entertain even more, I bet!

o

What fun! And what a beautiful spread in a beautiful kitchen!

o

Beautiful....kitchen and food!

o

wow, beautiful kitchen and what a scrumptious feast!

o

How fun for you! It all looks gorgeous. Say, what is the dish on the far left?

o

Lovely! I 'specially like your backsplash.

Oh, who am I kidding? What I really like is the food! Turning out good food is a mark of a well-designed, functional kitchen.

o

What was the book? :) And I love the counter.

o

Sorry, I posted and then had to travel, just got back to the internet.

Thanks!

Jelly toast- I'd love for you to be in our book club! We're in Southern California!

Deedles- the dish is a Farro and Feta salad. I got the recipe from Trader Joes.

Whistle- we read "The Art Forger" by Barbare A.Shapiro . It was really great!

Thanks for your kind words!

o

Yum yum...that's to both the food and the kitchen.

o

Oh, so gorgeous, all of it! I haven't seen nearly enough of your kitchen.

o

I'm still loving that backsplash! But now for some strange reason, I'm hungry....

o

What joaniepoanie said :-)

I'm in Southern CA too ( San Fernando Valley) :-).

o

Here's another shot before the party.

I'm trying to find the style for my new kitchen. It's a "fun" work in progress!

Any suggestions on color or ways to add warmth would be appreciated.

o

Here's another look. I keep putting stuff on the counters, changing my mind about colors, style and textures. I keep changing my mind, but enjoying the process. The kitchen is a bit whiter than expected, a blank slate....

o

Luscious- planning a book club meeting soon but might have to move to California!

o

Boone- it might be a bit of a drive, we're in south Orange County. You're welcome though!

You two Gemini!

o

Your kitchen in gorgeous! I too want to join your bookclub, although it would be a bit of a stretch to travel from the east coast.
Lovely food spread. Looks delicious!
Did you do a reveal where you said what cabinets and backsplash etc you used? I missed it.

o

Love it, thank you for posting more pictures! I just love that island slab with the black perimeter and mop backsplash. What are the doors above the cooktop called - the woodwork is fabulous and is that antiqued silver glass? Stunning. Maybe not too late for me to get similar glass, please share details and pics if you can?

o

Aw, shucks. I've actually been looking for a writers' group for the longest time; I read an article in the LA Times some years ago about a group in Orange County that has turned out some really good published authors.
I'm sure your book club members can't wait to meet again at your home! Tulips *and* a feast in a beautiful kitchen?

o

Your kitchen is lovely and that spread looks delicious. I especially like what you did with the cabinet above the range.

o

Wow! What a lovely kitchen and delicious looking food. I particularly love the backsplash, cabinet above the range, and island countertop!

o

sanjuangirl: quick question - do you find it easy to keep your MOP backsplash clean? What do you use for a cleaner?

o

"Jelly toast- I'd love for you to be in our book club! We're in Southern California!"

So I take it you are sanjuanCapistranogirl?

o

Sorry, traveling again today but I'm back tonight and had to cook a big impromptu dinner for my sons and a girlfriend. I used the convection roast feature on my oven for the first time. I cooked a chicken with a simple recipe. It came out really yummy and both of my boys said it was the best I ever made, thank you new oven!

Jelly toast- Yes I am San Juan Capistrano girl. You're welcome for a visit anytime.

Marji- thanks for your sweet comments. I haven't done a reveal yet. I've just posted a few pics here and there. My bs is mother of pearl and the framed piece behind the range is Artistic tile, Crysanthemum . The. Cabinets were the original maple with new paint and the added crown. The center cabinets over the stove top are new from Show Place. You're just a plane ride away! I always do the Christmas book club meeting! Please join us!

Kksmama-thank you. The cabinets are a double arch mullion from Showplace. Jakuvall gave me the source and I found a dealer near me. The glass is actually antiqued mirror. I'm hiding a soffit that couldn't be moved behind the mirror, so it could not be transparent since you'd see the soffit. The mirror is a bit darker than I expected but I think I'm happy with it. I'll post a close up.

Boone-So far the mop has been easy to keep clean. It is sealed but wipes up easily with a bit of Dawn and water.

Thanks to you all for the kind comments. Makes me happy! :))

o

Oh my gosh SJ, your kitchen is just stunning. I want to be in your book club too!!!

I love your chandy, breakfast table, and your beautiful window seat. I an envious of the brass bird that is overlooking your cook top! You have one of the most lovely kitchens of all time!!!!

o

You're too sweet Holly. Your compliment means a lot since I know how hard you worked on your own lovely kitchen. It's good to be finished, isn't it!

Btw, I Love my Kohler Whitehaven sink!

Here's a photo of it. Wish I could get a good photo that shows the depth in the color. It's Cane Sugar and it is one of my favorite things in the kitchen.

Enjoy,

o

Thanks, sanjuangirl.

o

I love your kitchen so much! Especially the mirrored cabinet doors, backsplash, and island counter. What kind of stone is it?

o

Thanks so much Icskaisgir.

The island is a white quartzite called Alpinus. So far it has been bullet proof. The perimeter is Black Galaxy.

o

Beautiful kitchen . Would love a reveal!

o

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous!

o

What a beautiful kitchen! (and a lovely spread for your lucky book club)

o

Thank you!

Before the remodel my backsplash was black like the peremeter counters, it feels so much bigger without all of the darkness. Every time I see the mother of pearl it makes me smile.

I can only post one pic at a time since I'm apparently techno challenged, so a reveal would require most of the day! ;)

o

>I can only post one pic at a time since I'm apparently techno challenged

No, that's just how it works. One pic per post if you upload directly from your computer/ipad/whatever. If you want to have multiple pics in one post you need to put them someplace online, like photobucket, and link to them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here