Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rightdi_gw

Think I found my granite...Bianco Romano!

rightdi_gw
9 years ago

Happy Monday!
So inspired going through all your kitchen journeys! After finalizing my layout, with all your help, I think we picked our granite... A Bianco Romano with a lot of movement! They have two slabs on hold for us, but would love to hear your thoughts! We have espresso shaker cabinets! Fire away.... :)
Diana

Comments (18)

• rightdi_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A profile view! ;)

• bossyvossy
    9 years ago

Adore it. Hope it's avail in my area

• romy718
    9 years ago

Gorgeous slab. Congrats!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

Beautiful slab(s)!

• Gracie
    9 years ago

They're beautiful and will look great with your dark cabinets. But I think I'm going to start asking every single person what their backsplash plans are when they show their slabs so we can head off the problems before they start.

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

Omg, that's extremely close to our Bianco Romano slabs! Ours have been installed for a couple months and LOVE them!

• rightdi_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for the encouragement. Finally, one decision I feel good about! We are building a new home and all the decisions can be overwhelming!!

Mayflowers!! You literally made me giggle out loud!!! I've been lurking some backsplash threads and getting a little panicked!!!!!! This seems to have been the easy part. Wow! I'm counting on all of your expertise and opinions to get through it.

I do have a question, though. We are installing a hood as well. Our tile guy suggested installing the backsplash before the hood is mounted to avoid uninstalling and then installing again. However, that means my backsplash will have to be picked before my granite/cabinets are installed. Too risky????

• rightdi_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

PurpleEyes, you mind sharing some pics of your kitchen with me??? Would love to see what I have to look forward to!!! :)

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

Love it! We're using leathered Bianco Romano on our island and hutch.

Psst, May_flowers, I made sure that my chosen backsplash tiles look good with it and our perimeter counter granite. :)

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

Well just keep in mind that photos do not do this granite justice, and my kitchen isn't anything fancy. But having said that, here you go:

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

"We are installing a hood as well. Our tile guy suggested installing the backsplash before the hood is mounted to avoid uninstalling and then installing again. However, that means my backsplash will have to be picked before my granite/cabinets are installed. Too risky????"

Tell your hood installers to shim the hood the tile and thinset thickness from the wall plus a little extra. Your tile man can slip his tile behind the hood without anyone having to remove it and it delays your backsplash decision for as long as you like.

• kksmama
    9 years ago

PurpleEyes, your kitchen is lovely, thanks for posting! (Did I miss the reveal?) I'm jealous of your windows and your floor/counter/backsplash combination is terrific. What are those floors? The cinder sink looks perfect!

• chiefneil
    9 years ago

I have bianco romano on my perimeter counters and love it. It's a totally bulletproof granite - no staining, no etching. Great choice, I think you'll be happy with it.

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

Kksmama, thank you for the kind words! No reveal, I tend to just lurk, but since I love my Bianco Romano granite, I just had to post. The tile is by a company called Indus and the color is Tabacco.

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

PurpleEyes, stop holding out on us! Please (pretty please) post your kitchen. It looks lovely and we want to see more!

I just drew up a plan that has island seating across from a sink but I couldn't find photos to illustrate this set-up on houzz. And then I see your teaser pic in this thread. So that's another reason to post your kitchen reveal: it would help a fellow GWer. How wide is your aisle between seating and sink?

• rightdi_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Trebruchet! I'll mention to him. Do you know if it will pass inspection that way?? They also mentioned I needed a 3" backsplash for it to pass inspection. Usually it's a 3" granite. I was hoping to avoid the 3" of granite as backsplash.

PurpleEyes, your kitchen is beautiful!! Give it the credit it's due!!! ;). Love the backsplash. We are doing exactly what you did with the riser and moulding to take our cabinets to the ceiling. If I may, how many inches of moulding and riser did you use?

Chiefniel, in the mood for sharing pics?? :)

• chiefneil
    9 years ago

Here you go. The backsplash is just a simple tumbled marble with some pewter inserts. I wanted to keep the perimeter fairly quiet, visually.

{{!gwi}}

• PurpleEyes_GW
    9 years ago

Haha Lisa_a, my kitchen is a weird layout, so that's actually a table with two chairs that is about the size of an island. One day I hope to put in an actual island. Anyway, there is 52" of clearance between the sink and the chairs. And it's more than enough.

And RightDi, the riser is 4 inches, and the crown molding is a hair under 3.5 inches.