Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cost of brookhaven cabinets

Posted by stephanie106 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 10:34

i was wondering if anyone has some recent experience or views on the cost of brookhaven cabinets. i am in nortern va (dc burbs) and am remodeling a 13 by 11 kichen. it will be a galley kitchen. i am looking at brookhaven vista and just received a quote for $26k. this is for 2 upper 30" wide cabinets, 2 upper 15" cabinets, 2 45" long shelves below the uppers with glass and aluminum lift up doors, 4 lower cabinets with pull out shelves and drawers on top, panel for the dshwasher, cabinet below sink, lower cabinets on either side of the range that are 24" wide with 3 drawers, and a bookcase and lower cabinet. i have not done this before and don't know if it is too high.
any thoughts would be really and gratefully appreciated. thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cost of brookhaven cabinets

Your door style will have a big impact on the cost, as well as the wood, finish, upgrade options, customized sizes, etc. It's not like they come in a fixed price package for each size kitchen.

o
For example

My kitchen is roughly 13x14. I had quotes in Brookhaven for less than yours and I had quotes for more -- all Brookhaven and from the same dealer.

o

Just like lascatx said, all the choices that you make will have an impact on the price of Brookhaven. I do have to tell you, we did a kitchen reno a year ago, and I am so happy with my Brookhaven. Actually we are now getting ready to do a master bath, and are using Brookhaven again.

o

In some doorstyles, that would be expensive and in others, spot on. You need to give a better description of your choices for better input.

o

I don't sell BH any more but last I knew Vista was a no upcharge door. Be surprised if that changed. Wood species matters some.

o

I had a quote for Brookhaven Edgemont at 20,000 for 3x6 island, glass uppers on either side of sink, 4 other uppers, 20 " floor to ceiling pantry, four lower drawer stacks, double pull out trash amd rolling drawers in the pantry and one cab in the island that's not a drawer stack. I also had a 48" beverage center with drawers and glass uppers. It was a great deal on nice cabinets but I ultimately went with Grabill as they use only plywood construction - to get plywood on the Brookhaven I would have paid what you're being quouted and I thought that wasn't worth what they were giving me. My Grabill cabs arrived Friday - they are like beautiful furniture and I love them. I ultimately paid a bit less than the Brookhaven quote, as I cut out the beverage center in order to stay within budget.

o

Don't remember the exact numbers - but we went with BH for our kitchen - The kitchen would have been around that price - but then we did the sunroom with custom cabinets and the price went up - plus we added a glaze and again the price went up.

o

thanks everyone. the cabinets i am getting are vista plus door style in champagne. it is frameless. apparently it is made of fiberboard even the doors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here