Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Better Late Than Never

Posted by suzannesl (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 10:31

Overview, Lights, grout, and floor. Floor: Eco Timber bamboo, color: toffee.

Although I've posted all sorts of photos of things in my kitchen, I never got around to posting a "finished kitchen." Hence, better late than never. In my defense I will say that I kept waiting for the ceiling trim and the light rail trim to be added, but it turns out that my DH is opposed to both. We'll see.

On the Finished Kitchens blog, you get to choose the size of your kitchen. Mine came in 5 sf over the "tiny" category, moving it up to "small." It is small, but of all the kitchens I've used over the years, I'd rank it at the top end of usable and convenient. I think it's having an opening at both ends of the L that does the trick. It also helps that the dining room is right the other side of the peninsula which keeps the space from being claustrophobic. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: My finished kitchen at

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Better Late Than Never

I love your cabinets! Very nice and it seems really open without uppers. What size is the cab between the stove and fridge? Looks like you have a lot of storage in the peninsula?

o

Small in space, but big in "richness"--perfect! Great job!!!

o

I love your cabinet colors and the Kashmir Gold. It looks like you've got everything that anyone could want in your space. Very nice!

o

deedles - yes, losing the over-peninsula cabs was a big improvement (although I kind of liked the cards and artwork we had stuck up there). The cabs to the left of the stove are 15". Can you tell that the ones to the right are only 14"? We needed to lose an inch on that run and that's where it came from.

Yes, tons of room in the peninsula cabs - love it!

Peninsula cabs, A look at the peninsula.

All the "from here to there" photos are on the FK blog link.

o

You forgot those magic words "Finished Kitchen" in your post title. What a great remodel, staying within the original footprint and all. Love your phone nook, your pretty wood cabinets, and your out of the box backsplash!

The cards and artwork will slowly make it back somewhere, won't they?

o

Small but mighty! Almost missed your post! Glad that I opened-even if on my phone! Great web link!
Love your colors!
Are your uc lights GMLarc LEDs?
Our 99% done kitchen is 187 sq feet-wonder where that fits in the descriptions!

o

Wow- what a transformation! World of difference without those uppers. I love the rich color of your cabinetry and your granite. Glad you are enjoying your new space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here