Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Upper corner experts please advise!

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 10:31

Apologies in advance if this pic is tiny. I have tried repeatedly to resize this in paint and it won't take. Also tried in photobucket and the same thing. grrr.

Sorry to ask you to open in paint and enlarge :(

Anyway, please see the upper left corner from the stove. I guessing an easy reach upper won't work because of the swing needed ...does it hit the range hood? Open shelves instead or a corner pot rack setup? It'd be nice to have some cupboard for oil/spices etc but I can't seem to make the corner work out. I may also have to shrink the interior of the U a couple inches to give more to the path past the dining porch step.

Anything else look amiss? Thanks.

Photobucket

Can anyone resize and repost? I can't figure it out!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Upper corner experts please advise!

Photobucket

Better?

o

Photobucket

goodness. There!

o

Maybe something like this?

From French Country Kitchen

Or this?

From French Country Kitchen

o

Like maybe just run something open to the wall and forget the corner? That could work. I could still use the empty space next to the range hood wall to hang a couple flat things like my cast iron griddle, etc. Yeah, maybe...

o

Yes, I know it was partly my idea to move the range, but it's looking a little cramped. So what if you put it back on the other wall and have the prep sink there, instead? That would give you more room for prep on the peninsula...and a great place to layout food/drinks for parties. Maybe something like this?

From Cottage house plans

o

Lav you're killin' me! Lol...

What I like about the prep sink on the peninsula is that it can be accessed from the other side, too. That would be handy and multipurpose. The other thing I was liking was having the trash accessible from both sides of the peninsula. I found some slides that go both ways so you could pull it out from either side. AND with the prep sink on the peninsula, I can visit with my DH while chopping and what not. The reason I moved the stove to that end wall was then I get a long 'pantry' wall and the shallower depth cuts down on the 'tunnel' feeling when entering the kitchen from the entry. BUT... as always, nothing is set in stone and maybe I need to relook at the stove placement.

o

Sorry! LOL

o

Sorry! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here