Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angela12345_gw

Lee Valley - Free Shipping - ends today - What else to buy?

angela12345
11 years ago

I happened to go to the Lee Valley website looking at their drawer divider channels and noticed they are offering free shipping on orders over $40. Today is the last day. This is for all of their items, not just the divider channels. What else have people used from them that they recommend ?

FREE SHIPPING

On orders $40 or more placed

September 14 to September 24, 2012*

*Terms and Conditions

Free shipping applies to orders with a merchandise total of $40 or more, excluding gift cards, and is for standard ground shipping within Canada and the contiguous United States. Shipping surcharges on oversized items still apply. For surface shipments to AK, HI and the U.S. Territories, your shipping rate will be reduced by $13.95.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/hardware/page.aspx?p=40168&cat=3,43722,43743

Comments (25)

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

Can't remember what I was looking for on leevalley.com, but found cool rare earth magnets. They come with a screw attached so that the very OCD can have refrigerator magnets that match their cabinet knobs. But I said, "Aha! I can use these to make a concealed towel bar inside my sink!" (The swing-arm Magisso one is so cool but so expensive.) So I've got a cabinet pull with two of the screw-mounted magnets, and two little magnets on the unfinished side of my sink to hold it all together. It doesn't swing like the Magisso, but works well for me. As you can see, when I'm in the middle of a big job I don't always use it:

Here is a link that might be useful: Lee Valley rare earth magnets

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

The microplane zester and holder are one of my most frequently used kitchen gadgets. Perfect for everything from ginger to parmesan, lemon zest to nutmeg. They slide together for storage. Love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lee Valley microplane

• angela12345
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks ! Those both look like great items to add. I checked the shipping charges table. Normal shipping for an order over $40 is $9.95, so free shipping is a big savings.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Thanks angela! I ordered my drawer dividers and a bunch of other stuff too.

• angela12345
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You're welcome marti8a !! What else did you get ?

My order is placed. I also got these nail / vegetable brushes ...
    http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/page.aspx?p=10259&cat=2,42551,10259

p.s. here is where you change your email address ...
    http://www.gardenweb.com/auth/nph-logincheck.cgi?display_profile

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Besides the drawer dividers, I got the magnets and the grater, plus the pocket pin magnet.

My mom used to have those nail/vegetable brushes. They work great.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Bummer- missed out this time. Love the rasper!

• angela12345
    Original Author
    11 years ago

FREE shipping is on again at Lee Valley !!!

Free Shipping
    December 24, 2012 to January 7, 2013

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

What?? How did I miss this? I've been watching my emails from Lee Valley like a hawk since I didnt get the drawer divider system ordered during the last sale.

Thanks, Angela!

• angela12345
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You're welcome breezy. I also private messaged a2gemini to let her know.
    I feel like I have done my good deed for today. : )

I swear I don't stalk that website. I just happened to luck up and catch the free shipping sales the only couple times I have ever been on that site.

For those that only read the last post ...

Free Shipping at Lee Valley
    December 24, 2012 to January 7, 2013

• angela12345
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I meant to post earlier today. Sorry !
    Only 45 minutes left (although I would doubt it ends exactly at midnight?).

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Whew! Just got my order in! I couldn't tell if they were using east coast time or west coast so I just squeaked my order in before the east coast cut-off. I'm west coast and forget that sometimes the world doesn't revolve around my time zone.

I ended up with 40 drawer dividers and the cookie/bacon rack. I might have perused more and more carefully figured my divider needs, but had to make a hasty decision. Besides, by the time DH actually installs the 40 dividers I just ordered, Lee Valley will probably have another sale! ;)

Thanks again, Angela!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Way to go! Now we can mess up our Wolf ovens together! baking bacon! - but never self clean before a holiday...
    I might have to check the ultimate bacon book by Ari Weinsman (owner of Zingermans)- I forget the actual name.

• angela12345
    Original Author
    10 years ago

June 28, 2013 to July 8, 2013

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.leevalley.com/

This post was edited by angela12345 on Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 15:25

• Nancy in Mich
    10 years ago

Thanks Angela, Lee Valley is my favorite site! We got our trash/recycling pullout from them last year. It is identical to the one by Rev-A-Shelf, but considerably less expensive.

I regularly get a dozen of the white plastic surgeon's scrub brushes. I use them for washing my hands, for dishes, veggies, the dog, stains,....

Love their heavy-duty Lifetime measuring cups and spoons, their classic kitchen scale, the stainless book holder, and the knife block. The knife block is like nothing you have ever seen. It does not have a wooden top with slots, it is closely packed with plastic coffee stir straws and you put the knives in wherever you want. You find most of the kitchen things in the "Gift" catalogue.

The "Tool" catalogue will have you drooling, too. I have used their rare earth magnets, taped to the inside bottom of a plastic pail, to keep my lint pail on top of the dryer. It does not go anywhere until I pick it up to empty it on garbage day.

From the Gardening catalog I highly recommend their Self-Watering Seed Starting kits. I also bought their very cool Water-Powered Weeder, which uses brass tubing to narrow the water from your hose down to a powerful, focused digging tool that you can use to follow the long roots of undesirable plants down deep into the ground in order to get all of it up and disposed of. It makes weeding fun. Muddy, but fun! Their water-filled Frost Protectors are red plastic segmented envelopes that you use to surround your tomato plants with. You can then put them in the ground weeks earlier because they will survive the frost inside these protectors. The sun warms the water all day and the water keeps the plants warm enough for early spring nights.

And of course, they sell the Rimroller. For those who love Tim Horton's in late winter, just before the Stanley Cup Playoffs start, when you "Roll up the Rim to Win," a man named Paul Kind invented a tool that cuts the cup rim as you push the tool over the rim, and unrolls it as you pull it quickly back up. Lee Valley sells these doohickeys for $2.50US, $2 if you buy 5 or more. I pass them out to friends and to friendly Tim's drive-through staffers. For some unknown reason. Tim's has never bought these for their stores.

I have a dream of someday having a pocketful of money and my rollator walker in the car and going to London, On, CA and shopping the store in person.

• angela12345
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lee Valley is having a pretty cool Cyber Monday sale . . . you can buy a Gift Card and get a discount on it !

That would totally work if you know you are going to buy something in the future. You could wait for the next time they have free shipping and get it using your discounted gift card.

$500 gift card on sale for $430
    $250 gift card on sale for $219
    $100 gift card on sale for $89
    $50 gift card on sale for $45
    It says Limited Quantities of gift cards on sale !

• angela12345
    Original Author
    10 years ago

P.S. Click on Cyber Monday sale to see the discounted gift cards

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/cyms.aspx

• Nancy in Mich
    10 years ago

Thanks, Angela, for always alerting us to the free shipping and sales. Now that we can subscribe to a post, it is easy to get your alerts. I really appreciate you!

• angela12345
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nancy, you're welcome !

And by the way,

Dec 27, 2013 to Jan 6, 2014

I am now on their mailing list. Don't need to stalk the website anymore, haha !!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://leevalley.com/

• angela12345
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Free shipping is once again on at Lee Valley. So it looks like this is approximately once a quarter ?? Do people want me to keep letting you know about these, or stop these posts ? Let me know. : )

Also, if you DO want to know and don't want to miss the next sale, you can reply to this thread and check that you want to receive notifications.

Mar 19, 2014 to Mar 31, 2014

• angela12345
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry, I got the email a few days ago and just now noticed it. And I missed the free shipping email last quarter all together (it was May 29 - June 9).

Here is the newest one ...

Aug 28, 2014 to Sep 8, 2014

Please continue to add to this thread what other things you get from them that you recommend ! I *love* the things I have purchased from them on other's recommendations !!

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

I recently had a birthday and I requested the Danish Dough hook from Lee Valley. We have a LV in our city, so I also picked out the little weigh scale. The double masher we got elsewhere :-)

• angela12345
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't bake bread. I have been trying to figure out what or how the dough hook is used ?

• amck2
    9 years ago

I love my dough whisk. Bought mine 9 yrs ago at the King Arthur Flour flagship store in Vermont. It was the first time I'd ever seen one.

It's a great tool for muffins and quick breads, when you want to combine the wet and dry ingredients without over mixing them. I use it for waffle, pancake and brownie batter, too. Great simple tool!

• Jasdip
    9 years ago

I made bran muffins on the weekend and it was so quick to mix. I'm going to use mine for mixing meatloaf, too. It's easy to over-mix ground beef.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES