Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I gave my bakers table some love today

Posted by remodelfla (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 10:27

If you remember my bakers table I want you to know I completely abuse it daily. The table multi-tasks as prep, cleanup, plating, buffet, and dumping ground. So today I was waxing my soapstone since we're expecting 25 guests this afternoon and decided to wipe down my table too...legs, front, top... everything!

I thought she looks so pretty. And figure since the table is such a multi-tasker... it must be female.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I gave my bakers table some love today

Ohh...SHE is a beauty! I remember when you first posted her....she was in the ackward teenage years...and now a beautiful woman! I would use her daily if I had her too!

o

She is so beautiful! You certainly did a lovely job with that old table, and I'm sure it will be around for a long time.

Ever since I first saw your bakers table, I have been on the hunt for one myself. Of course, I have no place to put one..... So, I'll just have to enjoy the photos of yours.

o

Really nice!

I think this is an heirloom in the making.
Just thing someday when someone says, "It was my great grandma's."

o

A classic beauty.

o

It is beautiful! (I wish you could hear my voice when I say that as it sounds a little jealous).

o

Luscious piece.

o

I absolutely love it! I wish I had thought of something like that for my kitchen and I am completely and unashamedly stealing your idea if we ever redo the room.

o

She is a looker for sure!! WOW. good lookin' and functional, the best of all!!

Hey, what kind of flooring is that? I have never seen it before, would you mind sharing color/mfg?

Thanks for sharing!! Have fun at your party!

o

Hi go figure.... it's Daltile Timber Glen in Hickory. They have newer choices available now.

o

Thank you remodefla, I will definily check that out. It looks really amazing, almost like french bleed wood. What was your grout color?

o

we used Laticrete epoxy grout in chocolate truffle. More then looks, though it did factor in somewhat; was that I wanted something totally non maintance for as long as we both shall live.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here