Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scrubbing Bubbles & Cabinet Detail

Posted by CEFreeman (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 18, 12 at 10:19

So I just saw this ad for Scrubbing Bubbles with Fantastic for the kitchen.

Wouldn't this be an answer to those who have detail on their cabinet doors, and are .. unhappy .. later with the cracks and crevices collecting dirt?

Have I just had another flash of brilliance (don't worry, it didn't hurt), or is there a reason not to use this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scrubbing Bubbles & Cabinet Detail

I used original Scrubbing Bubbles on the bathroom floor grout the other day and got some on the cabinets in there. The cabinets are old, so I didn't actually care if it took off a little finish. I also got some on the painted wall. It didn't hurt either of those surfaces, so it may well work fine on cabinets you actually care about. It did a pretty good job on the grout too, but the whole experience made me glad I don't have a tiled shower!

o

Probably fine for newer finishes that are catylized like polyester or epoxies, but may do a number on old finishes like nitrocellulose lacquer. (and polyurethane is very tough finish, but principally a DIY or small-shop finish)
Casey

o

I use it on about anything (except me and the dog).

the bad part is that at the cleaning product site linked to in a thread on here it rates an F I think. Unless I mixed it up with another SB product.

I guess I need to buy some more Simple Green.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here