Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Faucet and Blanco sink from Amazon vs plumber

Posted by zaphod42 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 22, 13 at 10:17

We had our plumber quote out a sink and faucet for the upcoming kitchen remodel. I then found the same items on Amazon for quite a bit cheaper. Are they the same or are there different levels of quality? Professional grade, etc? I've heard that about fixtures, but don't know if its true. Is it okay if I order independent of the plumber or will that irritate him? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Faucet and Blanco sink from Amazon vs plumber

Part of a plumber's fee is contained within the markup of his materials. And most will not warrant third party supplied materials. If he installs a faucet and it leaks, he can swap it out and take it back to his supply house to send back to the manufacturer. If he installs your supplied faucet and it has a problem, then you pay him to come back out, and you deal with the hassle of either sending it off to the seller or contacting the manufacturer for replacement parts.

So sure, you can pay a lower price from an online supplier. But, it won't end up being cheaper, and you end up running the risk of it actually being MUCH higher in the end.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here