Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need your help ASAP

Posted by misha16 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 10:02

I need your help again.
My counter top fabricator is willing to replace my conter top but wants me to sign liability waiver which I'm not comfotable to sign.Has any one sign liability waiver when installing big pieces of granite?My piece is 90x60 L-shaped weighting around 600 pounds

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need your help ASAP

Huh?
Does he make everyone sign a liability waiver?
Is he not good at it?
Has he done it before?
What causes him to NEED a liability waiver?

What happens if you say no? Are you supposed to find your own installers?
Liability? Against bad workmanship?
I'm sorry, but this doesn't make sense to me.
If it's wrong, it's wrong. If they're asking to be released from responsibility from damaging your house? I'd reconsider.

I'd also get him or someone out there to make certain your cabinetry can support that weight. He should be installing it if they're not reinforced or strong enough. Is he predicting cabinet damage?

Confusing.

o

She had a problem with her seam. See this thread ...
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0917455219642.html

o

Is it for the removal of the countertop being replaced? Is he concerned about possible damage to your cabinets?

o

To Angela12345 this is my thread as well and because of the seam plus he screwed up sink reveal I'm asking for exchanging of the tops.
Supposedly his concerns are for slab beign this size can breake easily and for his employess cariing this slab but I told him I won't sign any waivers because high risk to damage my cabinets which he agree to so I will see
I do appreciate members of this forum for inputs and suggestions

o

I did see the thread, and the seam in question.
I wouldn't sign, either. They've already done a bad job, why should you indemnify them at this point?

I still don't get what he thinks he's doing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here