Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
romy718

Apple IOS 8

romy718
9 years ago

I upgraded to ios 8 & can no longer post a picture from my Ipad. Someone recommended the Puffin brower app so I'm testing it. If it works, this is a picture of my 5 month old grandson.
Don't upgrade to IOS 8 on your iPad until they work out the bugs.
I can't upload pics using Safari, Google, or Google Chrome & sideways pics with Puffin. Such a pain as I'll have to post from my iPhone that still has iOS 7.

This post was edited by romy718 on Mon, Sep 22, 14 at 12:47

Comments (36)

• romy718
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A sideways picture, annoying.
    Edit: no longer sideways? Anyone else having problems posting pics w/ IOS 8?

This post was edited by romy718 on Mon, Sep 22, 14 at 10:08

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Irresistible!!! But still sideways. And, yes, everyone's having trouble posting pics w/IOS 8.

But this thread may cheer you up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Linked on my Mac (((grin)))

This post was edited by kitchendetective on Mon, Sep 22, 14 at 10:38

• PhoneLady
    9 years ago

Your grandson is adorable. And your picture is not sideways to me. I am viewing it on my ipad (ios7)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

It is sideways for me - I'm viewing it on a regular computer. (I just checked on my iPhone 5s and the orientation is correct - vertical)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    9 years ago

Sideways here in both OS X and windows 7, I'm afraid.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Sideways on iMac 27 with IOS 7. Upright on iPhone 5s with IOS 7. UPRIGHT on iPad 2 running IOS 8.

• lee676
    9 years ago

I find this infuriating - when pics I post show up in different orientatoins depending on what device and/or software I post it from or what it's viewed with. Not just an iOS 8 issue, I've had it with iOS7 and desktop Windows too.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

The good news is that on my iOS 8 it has normal orientation.
    Voice recognition software is much improved.
    What a cute grandkid!

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I should have specified that it came out right on my iphone5 which still has IOS 7. But sideways on my Windows computer.

• OOTM_Mom
    9 years ago

Ha, I'm still on IOS 6 because I dont like my cheese moved! You picture has correct orientation on my ipad. I was going to try IOS 8, guess I'll wait.

• emma
    9 years ago

I can post pictures, but sometimes in a couple of forums they are sideways and I can't correct it no matter what I do. I should try to post one sideways and see if it will be upright. LOL

I don't think it is because of what we are doing. I think it is the location and something needs to be fixed.

• Texas_Gem
    9 years ago

It is sideways on my Android phone and on my android tablet.

Cute kiddo though!

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

You're cutie is perfect for me on my iPad, which I just upgraded to iOS 8 yesterday. Haven't tried to post a pic yet. Can you indulge me?

Wink, wink. Is this right side up?

• mdln
    9 years ago

OOTM_Mom - and I thought I was the only one. :-)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

That worked, NHB. Right side up, even! But that's because you posted it from an external image sharing site (Photobucket), rather than directly from your iPad. Try again using the "Choose File" button.

I'm having the same problem. At first I just thought it was because my older iPad 2 wasn't happy with the new OS. Then I gave it a try on my iPhone 5 and had the same problem.

Hopefully, Apple will release an update soon :)

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Romy, sorry, but OT - could you tell me the brand name and where you got that mat the baby is on? (I'm about to be a grandmother for the first time, and am collecting such information!)

• Danahills
    9 years ago

Deleted

This post was edited by jstell2008 on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 20:47

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

Sorry for misunderstanding as I normally post from Photobucket. Just tried doing it directly and received the same Internal Server Error as did jstell. I would agree it's a GW issue that hasn't caught up with iOS 8.

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

Romy, such a cutie!!

And thanks for this post. I was going to update this morning but I didn't have enough free space. Thanks for the heads up! Now I can take my time to cleanup up my pix and videos.

• romy718
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sjhockeyfan- it is the Baby Care Play Mat, Busy Farm, 82"x 55". Very cushy. My daughter says it's heaven on her knees & she has young knees. I ordered it from Amazon.
    Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your new grand baby. It's the best!
    Edit: added link

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby Care Play Mat

This post was edited by romy718 on Tue, Sep 23, 14 at 1:30

• MizLizzie
    9 years ago

I'm in the dinosaur league with OOTM_mom and mdln. Still using an iPhone 4, never upgraded. I learned long ago never to upgrade an Apple product lightly. My iPad wants to upgrade to 8 but I am holding out.

That is one darling baby, which must be some consolation!

• deegw
    9 years ago

MizLizzie - I also resisted updating my 4s and was using the operating system from before all the big changes (can't remember the number). My phone performance started to get slightly buggy so I decided to upgrade to 8. Upgrade went fine and I do like the changes but it blew out my wifi for some reason.

I googled and It's a common problem with the 4 and there doesn't appear to be a permanent solution. Just FYI if you ever decide to upgrade your OS.

• MizLizzie
    9 years ago

dee, bless you for the heads up. I was thinking about it. Can you not use wifi at all now? (Sorry, romy718 for the hijack. ;-)

• Texas_Gem
    9 years ago

Does anyone else here use android? I find I have no issues with android devices and updates, I'm guessing because it is open source instead of Apples proprietary bull.

• blubird
    9 years ago

Bbtrix,

Plug in your phone/iPad to do the upgrade through iTunes. You won't have to dump stuff as it doesn't require as much memory to run the upgrade plugged in.

• romy718
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Testing to see if the newest iOS update has fixed the problem of posting pics from iPhoto. I updated my IPad mini from the original update, 8.0 to the newest fix, IOS 8.0.2 (or something like that) & I am able to post pictures again. It has been a real pain posting from my IPhone.
    This is my grandson's sad face when DH & I left - they live 600 miles away.
    Edit: iOS 8.0.2 works

This post was edited by romy718 on Sat, Sep 27, 14 at 9:32

• emma
    9 years ago

Absolutely adorable, love the expression and the eyes. Can you tell me where to buy the baby?????????? Just kidding of course. I loved my babies, but not sure about the men they are now.

Wanted to add, I just bought a mini IPad. I hope it is not a mistake.

This post was edited by EmmaR on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 13:14

• plllog
    9 years ago

Sigh. That's what we get for release dates based on marketing rather than readiness. Bendy phones and buggy systems.

• bbtrix
    9 years ago

Oh, he is so handsome! Must have been hard to leave.

Any other issues with the update? I think I'll wait a few weeks to do my mini.

EmmaR - No worries, I love my mini. I take it everywhere with me.

• romy718
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I love my mini too. I also take it everywhere. No more issues, so far. After the initial update, I noticed my mini seemed slower & was intermittently freezing but that seems okay now.
    The last big update, I waited months. DH sent me a funny voice text & of course I wanted to respond, which required the IOS 8 update.
    Better now, but next time I'll wait.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Did the update today fix our picture posting issue?

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Yay, it did! :) that was bugging me, I hate having to put pics on an image hosting site first.

• Texas_Gem
    9 years ago

Test

Appears that I have no problem from an android device.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

Android doesn't have any problems with pictures. And if you just change the setting on the apple devices for orientation to landscape that won't happen.

I read yesterday they were pulling the ios8 update.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pulled update

• DIY2Much2Do
    9 years ago

The pulled update was version 8.0.1, released on September 24. A fixed version 8.0.2 was released on Thursday, September 25.

• nycbluedevil
    9 years ago

Even the new update is buggy. I wish I had waited.