Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Very light blue or gray subway tile in glass?

Posted by buildinva (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 9:52

I'm looking for a very light blue or gray subway tile in glass. I prefer 3x6. It needs to just "whisper" color! Everything I've tried is too dark (including ALL the colors from modwalls.com)

Does anyone know of a tile that might work? Thanks so much!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Very light blue or gray subway tile in glass?

Try one of these:
http://bedrockindustries.com/products/blazestone-tile/colors/

We have blazestone tile in Meadow. They are great to work with. Maybe the spectrum dust color or mineral water or something will work for you.

o

olivertwist, can I ask how much that tile is? I liked one of the colors... do they send samples?

o

I bookmarked several light blue and gray glass subway tile sites over the months:

http://www.villiglasusa.com/en/glasstiles_glossy.htm

0023 Grey Stone
0024 Clear Grey
0025 Manhattan
0026 London Blue

http://www.glasstilestore.com

http://www.mirageglasstiles.com/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=266&strPageHistory=cat

Maybe these will help you.

o

I got mine from the glasstilestore, and though it is called "super white", it has a hint of color, I am not sure if it is just reflecting off my counters, but it is a pale blue/gray.

o

Ann Sacks Lucian has a lot of very subtle colors and comes in a variety of formats including 3x6.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ann Sacks Lucian Colors

o

lucas_tx I adore Ann Sacks! But there is no distributor near me and I don't think they send samples, do they?

Thanks for all the other suggestions! Off to browse and hopefully order some samples!!

o

I think Ann Sacks will send samples. I'm lucky enough to have a showroom here in Dallas and I went down and got some but then I wanted some other colors and the sales person offered to have them Fed Ex'd to me but I drove down and got them.

I would definitely call the showroom nearest you.

Once I had the samples and the email address for the rep, we did all the buying via online docs and then they just shipped directly from their warehouse to us.

We bought twice, first time enough to do some boards and second time enough to do backsplash. The big load came freight as LTL (less than a load) which is pretty standard for stuff like that and they sent a bob cat truck with a pallet dolly to bring them to the house.

Painless buying experience, tile was packed perfectly and I think of all the tile we bought, one had a tiny chip.

Shipping was not cheap but I don't think it was out of line for any kind of heavy purchase like that.

o

Blazestone tile: they definitely send samples. Sorry, not sure about pricing.

o

This is a 3x6 crackle tile, not glass, from Encore Ceramics. Even prettier with more depth, in person.

o

Check out bellavita tile creek side shimmering ice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellavita tile

o

Check out bellavita tile creek side shimmering ice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellavita tile

o

Are you looking for translucent or opaque glass? Here are a couple of options from glass tile oasis - you can buy them anywhere. The 3" x 6" are Crystile in light sky and smoke.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here