Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lacanche Video: Reactions?

Posted by kitchendetective (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 9:45

I'm just wondering what other folks' responses/reactions are to this video.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chef prepares omelette on Lacanche range

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lacanche Video: Reactions?

How many takes were there?

o

The video is over 20 minutes long. Don't have that much time. What's the starting time of the section we should look at? I assume we don't have to watch the guy go shopping? Or perhaps that was the point of your post. :-)

o

Dreadfully long, and only really begins to talk about the features of the range at about 8:30. I was going to suffer through the rest of it, but it streams so poorly - couldn't watch it at all on my iPhone and virtually impossible to fast forward on my laptop, so I guess it's not going to happen. The omlette was a mess though probably tasty, the pork looked good, but I don't need a Lacanche to make either of those. I'm half interested (or maybe quarter interested) to see how the rest of the video plays out but I don't have the patience right now.

o

Start the video, leave the sound on, open another tab, and read some more GW threads. When you hear him say something about breaking eggs, return to the first tab. Watch video of omelet.

The last segment was most interesting because he spoke about simmer burners, and cleaning the burner pans.

o

I think the filming was interesting and professionally done. I like that it switched back and forth between the black and white and color. I liked the trip to the markets and saw how he prepared the meals. He has a good voice and he is pleasant on the eyes...however, I didn't learn much about the LaCanche. I didn't find it too long or boring because I am really interested in learning about this range. I just really wish there were more close ups or filming showing the ranges and more speaking about the LaCanche. I think it is an excellent idea to make a film to see how a range performs in real life. Not many of us can go to demonstration cooking classes.
May be scale back to one visit at a time and really speak about the range that is being cooked upon. You can have a few videos that show a different range each time.

o

I think the filming was interesting and professionally done. I like that it switched back and forth between the black and white and color. I liked the trip to the markets and saw how he prepared the meals. He has a good voice and he is pleasant on the eyes...however, I didn't learn much about the LaCanche. I didn't find it too long or boring because I am really interested in learning about this range. I just really wish there were more close ups or filming showing the ranges and more speaking about the LaCanche. I think it is an excellent idea to make a film to see how a range performs in real life. Not many of us can go to demonstration cooking classes.
May be scale back to one visit at a time and really speak about the range that is being cooked upon. You can have a few videos that show a different range each time.

o

I'm moving to Seattle just for the markets.

o

That's what I thought. The vid didn't make me want to buy the Lacanche, but it did make me want to move to Seattle.

o

That's kind of what I meant about the takes. There were jumps and cutaways when he was cooking the omelette, so the actually use of the stove was not done in real time. I think if you are going to demonstrate a range that's what you should do. But I think for a lot of people, you are buying a "lifestyle" when you buy a range like this, so the "idea" of the range and it's connotations of how the owner will "live" is more important than the range itself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here