Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Urgent: 2-3 hours to decide on faucet placement

Posted by KevinMP (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 9:32

The question is middle/centered or left corner. My granite installers will be here in 2 hours, and I cannot decide. It's a big commitment with no turning back!

I'm leaning towards the left corner with the level positioned on the left side of the faucet because I found myself always moving the original faucet out of the way. I have a square-ish, single-bowl sink that is deep, and the faucet just seemed to bother me where it was. Plus, with it out of the way, I will have more room behind the sink (e.g., storage of cutting board and for cleaning) and I will be able to fill up pots on the stove and the coffee maker. The new faucet is the Kohler Cruette.

Here's the current state (the sink will be where the old sink was, which is where the cutting boards are placed), and a before so you can see what I didn't like before. (I also hated all of the gadgets (four holes is three too many especially for those crummy dispensers).)

Help please.

Current state (still needs caulking, painting, granite, etc.):

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Before (same sink, old faucet and position):

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Urgent: 2-3 hours to decide on faucet placement

The one thing I would suggest is to get your faucet out and "use it" in both positions. I suspect it has the potential to be awkward to operate if placed on the left. Also, consider your spout reach in relation to where your sink drain will be.

o

So this is the new faucet, correct:

If you're right-handed, I approve of the idea of putting it on the left with the lever on the left. I had a similar faucet with lever on the left-hand side of the sink, and loved the position of the water spout but not the lever, which we put to the right of the faucet. I'd always wind up crossing under the water to turn it off with my left hand.

So to be short, I like your plan. But do make sure this is possible with this model, and by putting the handle to the left you won't be having to push it back rather than forward to turn it on, etc!

o

Have it on the left, if you disliked the middle position so much.But I don't know if that would create any problems with the installation of the faucet or cause water to splash.

o

This lever can be installed on either the left or right side of the faucet, although I suspect that'll make the temperature positions reversed depending on which side you're using.

o

Well, this is a whole new dilemma I've never thought of. Yippee... more decisions.... ;)

It seems like you really know what you want, though, Kevin. And it looks like it will work great for your kitchen.

I'm ogling your fridge, though. Mind telling me what it is and if you love it? Do you have enough fridge/freezer space?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here