Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lids drawes inside pans drawers

Posted by kassikolo (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 9:28

Is this kind of arrangement of pans and lids convenient or it will make that tall pans will not fit in there?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.houzz.com/photos/1683843/Kitchen-Remodel---Miramar--FL-traditional-kitchen-miami

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lids drawes inside pans drawers

I thought about it, but decided against it because I didn't want have two drawers and therefore two motions to use my pots. I opted for movable vertical dividers instead to house lids in the same drawer.

I think it depends on how much space you have. If your kitchen is small and you have limited storage space then the drawer within a drawer makes sense. If your kitchen is larger and you have more pot storage space then it's less ideal.

Here is my main pot drawer. I have enough space that my "go-to" everyday pot can sit by itself with the lid on so I just have to grab it in one motion every evening. My stock pots, which get used less frequently, are stacked together in the drawer on the other side of the range.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

We have a lid drawer inside of a pots and pans drawer and we love it. This configuration works out very well as everything fits nicely, has it's place and stays well organized. As far as items fitting all of our pots and pans fit except for our lobster pot but that only comes up from the basement a couple of times a year anyway! Some considerations for you to look into would be what size drawer you are trying to do this in, how big your cookware is and how big the lids are including the height with the handle. If I get a chance I will try to take pictures later on.

o

I love, love, love dividers in drawers like Taggie's! I have 2 drawers like that, one with 16" usable vertical space and one with 10.5 or so. One of the best things in my kitchen, well worth the time I spent measuring my stuff to know what was needed.

Mine have front and back grooved pieces for the dividers, Taggie's look better and more efficient. I think I'm going to add some more, and have found the thread which gives lots of options and details.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drawer dividers thread

o

I asked the same question in April about Lid Storage.

If you want to know what I have done, see the photo. I love it this way.

photo LidStorage_zpsaf062473.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Lid Storage

This post was edited by olivertwist on Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 14:39

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here