Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
After Stainless (article in WSJ)?

Posted by sheilaaus122 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 9:23

I know this has been mulled over before, but I saw this while surfing the web from the WSJ (Wall Street Journal) - After Stainless - what?
I was excited to see what they would suggest as I do have white appliances. When I modified I kept the appliances which at that time were probably about 7 or 8 years old(mini renovation several years ago where we changed countertops, hardware, and removed soffits and added molding etc but did not replace cabinets or appliances)....and I guess I just don't love stainless so I didnt feel the need to change out the appliances. Also, it has been my experience that they sure dont make things the way they used to; translate that into why should I swap out totally functional appliances with something newer, cuter that will probably flunk out sooner. I figure I will wait until they act up to replace.
Lately though I guess with an eye towards re-sale in the next few years, I think I came to realize that if the appliances were stainless, the kitchen/house would probably be more appealing to buyers ~even on a subconscious level ,which is what I think home sales are based on.

Thinking about this, I am still in no rush to replace but would love to have some sort of idea or plan in mind for when it does come time to replace.
Unfortunately, I didn't really see anything all that compelling in the article that called my name but i am posting it bc I sure did find it timely and thought you all might enjoy as well.
Ever hopeful of latching onto the next new trend :) enjoy the article.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to article

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: After Stainless (article in WSJ)?

We bought our white glass fridge from Jenn-Air (whirlpool) a few years ago, because I wasn't into the giant hulking grey thing in my kitchen and our old one starting to konk out. (The old one was S/S.)

We get so many compliments, it's lovely and bright and shiny. It shows fingerprints too, but not as badly as the stainless. That said, I really don't think that you should rush to replace things that work for any reason. Seems so wasteful!

IMAG0394

o

Wow young deb, that's an awesome looking fridge! I would have considered white appliances if they looked like yours (and were in my budget) hahaha...

o

Wow young deb, that's an awesome looking fridge! I would have considered white appliances if they looked like yours (and were in my budget) hahaha...

o

Sorry Sheila, Remodelfa beat you to it ...

Guess it's official... Stainless appliances are passe

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0917430231908.html?27

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here