Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ever color-matched BM White Dove with Sherwin Williams paint?

Posted by Lake_Girl (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 9:20

Has anyone ever color-matched BM White Dove with Sherwin Williams paint? Was it a match? I need to paint some trim, and thought I might start changing over to White Dove semi-gloss, instead of bright white high-gloss. Just wondered since SW is having 40% off this weekend. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ever color-matched BM White Dove with Sherwin Williams paint?

SW Dover White 6385 looks VERY close to BM White Dove, if you can't get a color match.

I used the SW Pro-Classic semi-gloss in Dover White to repaint my kitchen cabinets. They look great!

o

Thanks for your comment. I was thinking Dover White was more creamy, is it not?

o

SW's Dover White, while beautiful, is quite a bit creamier than BM White Dove. It has more of a yellow base. Both delicious, not quite the same!
(came across this because I was looking for the exact same thing! :P)

o

My BM Bone White color came out very well in SW Pro Classic Enamel. We used that in our kitchen (the painter's preference) and I know it is a good match because everything else in the house is the actual BM Bone White. Just about to do what you are asking about for our MB cabs--BM White Dove, but using SW. I am not worried, at all.

Since White Dove is such a popular color, I'll bet SW mixes it frequently. Maybe they already have a formula in the mixing computer so they don't have to "read" it. I would make sure to have a bit more than you need mixed up, then combine cans, just to be sure....

o

Thanks guys. I actually bought a quart of BM White Dove to paint a built in bookshelf, and to see if I liked it, and how different it was from what was already there. I've yet to start on the rest of the trim work. The trim is pretty much the same white as 15 yrs ago, a bright high gloss white. It's starting to look like it could us a fresh coat!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here