Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
correct dishwasher cycle for Pods

Posted by hondaace (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 9:07

I have an older GE Potscrubber dishwasher. It works great. It has two cycles, normal and Potscrubber. It has two holes for detergent, the "normal" one with a cover that swings shut. And a smaller one without a cover, for the Potscubber setting / extra detergent.

I want to try the Finish Quantum power gel pods. The instructions say to use the main detergent compartment, with the cover. So, there won't be any detergent in the smaller hole designated as the Potscrubber area.

Do I just use the "normal" setting to wash dishes? Or would there still be some benefit in using the "potscrubber" setting, even though there isn't any detergent in the smaller potscrubber detergent hole?

It seems just having the extra cycle of super hot water would still provide extra cleaning.

thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: correct dishwasher cycle for Pods

A friend, who just had her dishwasher serviced, was told by the technician to never use the pods. They evidently screw up some dishwashers. He also mentioned that we're all using way too much detergent, which accounts for much of the film on glasses.

He recommended only lining the one cup with detergent and always using a Jet Dry type of product.

o

That is weird. We were told is best TO use the pods by the dishwasher service guy.

I don't know about the potscrubber cycle though - I always just scrape the worst of the gunk off first and then run a normal cycle.

o

I have a newish Bosch. The installer/service guy told me the Quantum Powerballs were great. When I told him I still had a bucket full of Cascade Complete, he said, oh they're great too. I don't see a lick of difference in how they get my dishes clean (very clean). No streaks, no film, NO ETCHING!!!

o

I use Quantum Finish capsules, not gel pods - they have powder and a power ball in them. I put it in the main compartment of my KA dishwasher and leave the other one empty. I've used the Pots and Pans cycle as well as the normal cycle and this works out fine. I've also used them in the short cycle and have had no problem with the capsule dissolving.

o

thanks for the replies! I used the normal cycle last night and everything is clean. Think I'll skip the extra potscrubber cycle for now and maybe save a little water and electricity!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here