Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie here,...could use your kitchen remodel advice

Posted by tld79 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 9:05

Hi all,
I've been mainly a lurker until now, but I need some of your advice! We are closing on a house in 2 weeks, and the kitchen is a complete gut job! (most of the house is!) So far we have picked cabinets, Kemper Rennie style in espresso color. I have narrowed the granite down to 2 colors, super white, and delicatus.
I am having a hard time deciding which to go with, and then trying to match the color of a backsplash - here is the design I have decided to go with. www.glasstileoasis.com/p-18265-Shell-White-Glossy-Glass (I like solid colors, not the multi)
Also, could any of you give me any insight on the granite composite sinks from Blanco? I love the color selection they have and so far my research hasn't turned up any major negative reviews.
Just to give you some other info...we are doing SS appliances and a slide in range with chimney hood. We are not doing an island but have a pennisula...and a matching dining room hutch.
TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie here,...could use your kitchen remodel advice

Pick whichever counter is the one that really makes you happy. The only thing getting me through the etching of my super white is the fact that I love it so much.

I'd hold off on making any backsplash choices right now. Wait until you have counters, cabinets, floor, etc in place. Then, make the decision when you are in the new kitchen. No need to rush this decision. Too many regret making it hastily.

Good luck!!! Congrats on the new house!

Bee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here