Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
$100,000 Range

Posted by angel411 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 8:49

Did any of you see this range on Yahoo? It's a Molteni, which I had heard of on here before, but have no idea they could cost this much!!

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/electrolux-sells-100-000-kitchen-range-100227267--abc-news-deals.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: $100,000 Range

Wow. I would like to see the rest of the kitchen, for the person who could actually afford a range that expensive!

I can't even imagine. Does it spit out diamonds every time you open the door?

o

That would be a nice upgrade from my 20" Tappan stove

o

I did see it in the newspaper and they said that Electrolux is the parent company. So crazy!

o

When I see a Molteni, it reminds me of the range in the animated movie, Ratatouille. They have beautiful multiple copper ranges in that kitchen.

o

I suppose for the demographic, that it would be like a lot of people buying a Wolf, or large Viking, maybe not even. I don't see the point of a $100K range, but it's all relative I guess, I don't have a $300K car either. (I would take the car though before the range).

o

Over on the Appliance Forum, one of our own was considering buying one, and was struggling with the idea. Interesting read.

Here is a link that might be useful: Making a move towards a Molteni

o

Thanks, Angie. Wow! I do remember reading that now. I wonder if she ever got one?

o

This is my idea of a $100,000.00 range :)

I found this image on the University of Idaho Rangeland Ecology and Management website and it is credited as follows:
"Painting Idaho" from http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4880405625_252edbaae4.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Rangeland

o

It looks like they are basing the look on a La Cornue.

http://www.lacornueusa.com/product/chateau-series/

o

Um, where are the rest of the burners?

o

The person interested in Molteni in "Making a Move Toward Molteni" ended up with an Aga cooker due to cost and what appeared to her potentially daunting service issues. Very few residential Molteni ranges in Canada and most in restaurants serviced by companies that only work in commerical venues.

Molteni is not basing its look on La Cornue.

Molteni was founded in 1923 and La Cornue in 1908 but both have traditional French style.

o

EEAM- love your range!

o

Thanks gemini! Of course, it's your range too (this land is your land, this land is my land...).

o

EAM44 your range is breathtaking, would take that any day over the Molteni.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here