Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drewem_gw

I don't want to get my hopes up.....but.....

drewem
11 years ago

Ok, so a recap. Building a new house. Went into the home design appointment wanting Bianco Antico. Builder said no. I complained. They said no. Then finally after a lot of complaining, they said Yes.

However, they would not tell me where they would source it from, or let me look at it, or pick it out. I saw a few slabs of BA, where the top and bottom were beautiful, but the middle looked like someone smeared their hand across it. I was not going to risk having someone else pick it out for me, due to the high variations! And they were charging me wayyyy to much.

So we went to the builder's supplier. Found a quartzite, Arabascato White, Honed. It's not in the builders 'program' but since the distributer has it, I can get it. And the quote came in UNDER the BA quote! Yeah! I'm not getting my hopes up yet though....just in case.

It really is pretty, and now I am attempting to learn everything I can about quartzites! Maybe BA can go in my bathroom, when I can pick out the slab!

Thanks to all for helping me through this saga. I welcome any quartzite pics or suggestions for care!

Comments (2)