Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jg1971

Miele 1911 36 inch refrigerator

jg1971
9 years ago

Hello,

We are finally doing a kitchen remodel and are thinking of getting the Miele 36 inch 1911 built in refrigerator. I read something about having to change the light bulbs in the fridge which can be tricky. Is this true and how often do we have to change. We have just a basic Kenmore now with no maintenance except for water filter every six months.

Thx,

JG

Comments (5)

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

We've had the Miele 1911 built in fridge/freezer for about 5 years. You're getting just the fridge? Probably the same lights. Anyway it's great! We have changed some of the light bulbs once. I didn't do it, my husband did, but he didn't think it was difficult. And I'll check with him, but I believe he ordered the replacement bulbs on Amazon (or got them at Home Depot), and they weren't expensive. We love our fridge! Food stays fresh for soooo long! In our old fridge (from the late 80's) milk lasted less than a week, produce the same if we were lucky. Now things last 2 + weeks. I love the layout, the stainless on the shelves, so solid. And lots of lights so you can see everything. The design of this fridge is beautiful! I don't know if this will apply to the fridge only, but in our unit we can't fit a gallon of milk/juice. The door shelves aren't wide enough, nor will one fit on the other shelves standing up. It's probably possible to reconfigure the shelves, but we've never tried, as we always buy half gallons of these items anyway. The shelves on the all fridge unit might be different, but something to note if this is something you need.

• jg1971
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks so much. We are getting the fridge with bottom freezer. Sounds like the same model you have. Glad to hear you are happy. It is a big investment so I didn't want to be changing lightbulbs every month. I'm assuming it runs pretty quietly too?

Thx

JG

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

I just bought the same Unit, waiting for install on Thurs. I understand there is a water filter that needs replacement or a $60 bypass that can be installed.

Miele service is excellent for my other appliances. They have tech support 12 hours a day by phone. I've used that many times and they will stay on the phone and talk you through the steps of any maintenance.

• malabacat_gw
    9 years ago

It is very quiet. And we didn't hook up water for the ice maker so we've never dealt with changing the filter.

• Claire134
    9 years ago

We got the 36-inch built-in Miele with bottom freezer and we chose it because of Miele's peerless rep in dishwashers. We are very happy with it. The lights are very bright, which we love, and the unit isn't as deep as our old fridge making everything easier to access. We like the bottom freezer a lot more than we thought we would. It's so easy to use, and the ice maker makes cute ice cubes. The whole unit is also basically silent.