Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
parhelion_gw

Need advice badly! What should I do about my countertop?

Parhelion
9 years ago

The pictures below show my new installed Cambria Bradshaw countertop. I think the resin pool in two of the photos is a flaw, but the distributor says that this is just a "normal variation". The pool measures about 2x3 inches, and the third photo shows a picture of the next biggest "normal variation" which is only 1x1. The distributor is basically saying, "suck it up, it looks like it should"

">
">
">

This is my dream kitchen, and the flaw is really bothering me, especially since it is on the most visible part of the counter. Unfortunately it is also on the very largest countertop piece, which is about 8 feet long, L-shaped, and has a sink in it. It is templated beautifully, and is seamless (love quartz countertops!) and I am nervous about having it ripped up for a new top, but the flaw is really noticeable.

The distributor offered a "discount" and is telling me they will replace this piece for $1000; this does not include what I would have to pay for a plumber to uninstall/reinstall the faucets.

What is really irritating is that I was gone when the countertop was installed. Someone messed up on the scheduling (either the kitchen designer or the installer), and instead of installing it when they were supposed to, they installed it a week later, when I was on vacation, so I could not inspect the counter before installation. However when I came back from vacation this mark was one of the first things I noticed.

I really need advice. Do you think this is a flaw or a "normal variation"? Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone else had luck complaining to Cambria? What should I do???

Thank you very much!

Comments (88)

• kompy
    9 years ago

I just had a look at my top and indeed there are larger resin pools in it...but you know, I never noticed them as being unattractive. Our Newquay display top is beautiful! Here is a close up pic. FYI, I think that the resin pools look much worse in photos than in real life. Honestly, I never considered this top to look bad.
    I'll post a farther away picture too.
    KOMPY

Ps. There's another large pool on the edge profile.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

If they showed realistic resin pools in their samples, would you then buy the product? I wouldn't. Yuck. If there is a size limit for acceptable pooling, they exceeded it. I have some pooling in my Caesarstone and it's small and negligible. It looks more like the overall pattern, just a bit bolder here and there.

MizLizzie, wow. One does adjust to stuff and I'm glad you're okay with your counter now. I would have had a stroke.

Kompy, I actually like the blob on the left. It looks like a portal to something subterranean.

This post was edited by linelle on Tue, Sep 23, 14 at 13:59

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Obviously, if these blobs enhanced the natural beauty of the product, Cambria would show them in their samples and picture galleries online, so we can all clamor for these enhancements.

The fact that they don't, should tell us something.

Now, are there any other quartz manufacturers that still adhere to standards that find smaller resin poolings acceptable? Seems to me that we should let the market decide on that one.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

This is quoted from Ceasarstone's website:

"This warranty does not cover natural variations in the color, size, shape and distribution of the pattern of the natural quartz or the natural variations in background tone. These characteristics are inherent and unique characteristics of the product. Color samples provided to consumers, dealers and fabricators are only representative and not an exact replication of what will be installed in your home.

This warranty does not cover what is referred to as spots or blemishes smaller that a U.S. ten (10) cent piece. A certain level of spots or blemishes are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect the structural integrity of the material."

Dime-size.

• Jillius
    9 years ago

MizLizzie, of all these pictures posted, I actually think yours looks the best. There is so much of it & the shape of the splotches is so amorphous and wild and wispy and mixed in with the rest of the counter that it truly looks like a natural part of the pattern rather than an anomaly.

Kompy's is okay -- she has more than one splotch, so that helps to normalize them.

Honestly, the original poster's seems the worst because it's just one thing, so obviously different from everything else, and so condensed and round and with such defined edges -- it's not even slightly woven into the other materials in the counter.

• Oaktown
    9 years ago

These are Cambria Waterstone collection images from houzz. Are the taupey-gray patches resin pools?

Bradshaw:

[Kitchen Countertops[(https://www.houzz.com/products/kitchen-countertops-prbr0-br~t_439) by Eden Prairie Tile, Stone & Countertops Cambria

Buckingham:

[Kitchen Countertops[(https://www.houzz.com/products/kitchen-countertops-prbr0-br~t_439) by Eden Prairie Tile, Stone & Countertops Cambria

Praa Sands:

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Jillius hit the nail on the head. When the pools are distributed, they blend. One spot looks like a mistake. Maybe that's the approach to take with Cambria.

I wish "Cambria" was in the title so it'd come up on a search. Almost every search for home or garden leads here, and we need as many eyes as possible on this. I've been saying all along there's little QC in the quartz industry, and they know it, as evidenced by their warranty changing.

• live_wire_oak
    9 years ago

There's a big difference in the material composition between colors like Castell and Braemar. The first is more like the traditional quartz materials shown, where the colors are homogeneously distributed through the material. The second has a much more random distribution in size and color. A large spot of color in the first type of counter would be considered undesirable, as that would not be typical of it's pattern distribution. A large spot of color, like the large spot of white in the middle of the sample, is part of the process of getting that sweeping movement that resembles granite. It's to be expected. Large areas of color concentration in the Waterstone collection routinely are much larger than dimes and quarters, and that's a desirable feature with that type of pattern.

I have access to 12x12 samples in all colors of the material, and almost every one of the Waterstone Collection shows areas of color concentration larger than a quarter. It's also stated to be a possibility in all of the literature and online, and I communicate it to the customers by showing them the examples and explaining that it's random, and they could have smaller or larger areas in their counter. I have yet to have anyone unhappy with their counters, even with areas similar in size to the above. It's similar to many granites with movement, in that it's not predictable, and it's part of the charm of the material.

• kompy
    9 years ago

As promised, here is the picture of our Cambria display top (this is not my home's countertop...it's in my showroom.) This picture is farther back. The resin pools look bad in the photos, but trust me, if you saw this top in person, I doubt you'd notice. I've had this top installed for about a year and not one customer has said anything negative about it....and this is where I work with clients everyday! Everyone RAVES about it, actually. . I think there are some Cambria colors that accept resin pooling better than others.

• kompy
    9 years ago

Here's the other pool where it's on the edge profile. This does not bother me.

• ajc71
    9 years ago

"This warranty does not cover what is referred to as spots or blemishes smaller that a U.S. ten (10) cent piece. A certain level of spots or blemishes are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect the structural integrity of the material.

Dime-size."

Something to keep in mind, Cambria has a much lower price point then Caesarstone...some is almost twice as expensive

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

"I wish "Cambria" was in the title so it'd come up on a search. Almost every search for home or garden leads here ..."

That's a good thing! If I were trying to educate myself on this type of countertop material, I'd consider this thread to be a good find. It's a shame that these kinds of details have to come as an unwelcome surprise to purchasers after the fact.

• Vertise
    9 years ago

I don't see how these photos relate to the OP's problem. The above counter, for example, has dark pieces throughout, as part of it's pattern. The white swirl in the sample block is 1) an attractive, interesting swirl of a mix of surrounding colors 2) "woven" into the overall pattern 3) is surrounded by similar areas.

The OP, on the other hand, has one strange solid dark brown blob in the middle of their counter. It does not blend or weave into the rest of the top. There are no accompanying blotches distributed throughout. So it sticks out like a sore thumb. It looks un-natural in relation to the rest of the counter.

Also, this is an un-natural machine made product, not a piece of stone exhibiting variations of natural beauty. It is an inherently less forgiving material due to its lack of naturalness.

Apparently the Cambria rep can see this. I hope they are able to come through for the OP.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

There is a thread around here somewhere of someone complaining of a white quartz burst in a darker granite top. Even nature makes things that don't match. It's human nature to complain even after you've been clearly told this is a possibility ahead of time.

If this spot were purple with pink speckles, the OP might have a case. It's a little darker brown than the brown in the top. Case closed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cambria

• chispa
    9 years ago

Before using Cambria White Cliff in my recent bathroom remodel I googled extensively using different terms like photos, reviews, problems, complaints, etc. I do this for most things I research. There were some complaints about some black dots in white quartz. Luckily I was able to take a look at my slab once it was at the fabricator's shop to make sure there were no defects. Unfortunately consumers have to become "experts" to make sure that that they receive the product and quality that they paid for.

• GreenDesigns
    9 years ago

You are being badly served by the bandwagon hysteria crowd here. The manufacturer plainly states that what you have received is an acceptable variant of the product, and that it is not considered a defect. It's in writing, bold as can be, on their website. Not at all hidden or disguised. The time for buyer's remorse is on the front end, after you do your research on the product and decide that it's not for you.

It's a beautiful counter, and I'd be happy to have it in either a showroom or a home.

• threegraces
    9 years ago

I really don't think it's that obvious and certainly not as a "flaw" to the eyes of 99% of people. It's hard when you don't get exactly what you're picturing but I don't think you'll care about this in 6 months. To me it looks more like a natural stone which with that pattern I think is what you were going for?

I could go through my kitchen and find dozens of flaws, none of which I see/notice/care about on a daily basis. You are hyperaware of every detail right now, which is a normal stage in a remodel.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I am barely keeping my eyes open but I wanted to reply as I read every post and I had thought your counters were so realistic. I did not find the resin pool unattractive until you pointed it out and it would look better without it but your counters are still beautiful. Let us know the result of your rightful complaining due to perfect samples.

• letsbehonest
    9 years ago

We are currently building a house so I've been lurking on GW for a bit. This post caught my eye because we have chosen to go with Cambria countertops (and one within the Waterstone line known for pooling), so I'm especially interested in the outcome.

The only person's opinion that matters is of course the person that has to live with the countertop, so I feel for you Parhelion if you are unhappy. Obviously you can't turn back time to be at templating, etc., so that doesn't help your situation. My personal opinion is that the spot is not that big of a deal. I wouldn't mind it at all and I think it looks fairly close to pools that Cambria shows on their own website. I linked to the slab view of Bradshaw which I think shows several resin pools that appear to be similar in size to yours. I agree that the one difference might be your slab appears to only have one resin pool making it stand out a little more. So you might have an argument there.

I think MizLizzie's resin pools are much more noticeable and more unrealistic looking (sorry MizLizzie!) and I would have raised a huge stink in that instance. But I think yours is fine. Hope you get an outcome you can live with as I know we're not talking a small amount of money here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bradshaw Slab View

• Gracie
    9 years ago

After seeing the slab view, I'd complain that I didn't get enough resin pools!

Let's admit that Cambria hasn't worked out the kinks in this new process. I have quartz, and I truly don't understand the attraction of Waterstone. Why not just get granite for a similar or better look and probably better performance? We have all been oversold on the "bulletproof" aspect of quartz. It isn't.

• marcolo
    9 years ago

"This contract does not cover natural variations in the size of my checking account. These characteristics are inherent and unique characteristics of my wallet. Written promises to pay provided to dealers and fabricators are only representative and not an exact replication of what will be on my check."

Just sneak that into your contract. Then your check for half of what they want you to pay can be considered "acceptable and not a defect." Because reasons.

• ghostlyvision
    9 years ago

LOL good one, and good to see you again, marcolo.

• kompy
    9 years ago

letsbehonest, thanks for sharing that. I didn't know that Cambria had a slab view like that on their website. I will be SURE to inform all of my Cambria clients to check that out before buying. It's still not a 100% way to ensure a happy customer, but it brings up "expectations". As a KD, I can tell you that what isn't a big deal to one person, is a huge deal to another. And sometimes, the customers that seem "high maintenance" in the beginning, can be the easiest to please. And vice versa, the easy going ones sometimes can be the pickiest.

I recently read a quote from a kitchen designer, something along the lines of this...and so true: "Being a kitchen designer is mostly managing expectations."

• romy718
    9 years ago

Marcelo, I was a lurker when you were a poster. Are you coming back?
    Love your wit & sense of humor.

• letsbehonest
    9 years ago

"And sometimes, the customers that seem "high maintenance" in the beginning, can be the easiest to please. And vice versa, the easy going ones sometimes can be the pickiest."

My husband sells cabinets and I'd say he would totally agree with this statement and the one about managing expectations! Unfortunately (for him) I probably fall into the "Oh I'm sure it will be fine," and then flip when no it did not turn out fine...At least I can admit I have a problem!! :)

• kompy
    9 years ago

letsbehonest. I'm a closet control freak so I can be that way too! LOL. My install crews all 'make fun' of me (in a nice way and to my face). When I let my boyfriend make some decisions during the install (when I was at work), my installers and plumber all about fell over and made jokes about it. But all in all, I think I'm really easy to please. You get to be a certain age, lose loved ones...etc. And there's not much more that can really rattle you that is that big of deal....it's a house. I had a client that once said, "Never cry over anything that can't cry over you.". I have never forgotten that.

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    9 years ago

I am a fabricator. Ugly blobs in countertops should not be acceptable no matter the material or what the manufacturer says.

Cambria has consistently led the quartz industry in the introduction of "colors" which increasingly mimic the look of natural stone. In the past couple of years they have released a number of colors with more "movement" (swirls and whorls) and color variation.

Inadequate process control at the slab factory results in resin pool or blobs due to incomplete mixing of the Cambria "dough" and the various color additives.

Unfortunately for the consumer Cambria has decided to consider these nasty cosmetic flaws "normal variation" instead of rejecting the material. This problem is exacerbated by Cambria fabricators who ignore the flaws instead of working around them.

Granite fabricators have worked with variable stone for decades and work-around flaws and warts as a matter of course. The work around option is a lot less attractive for a Cambria fabricator since the factory won't credit the fabricator for the unusable material and the smaller Cambria slabs mean a work-around results in a lot of waste.

It is likely Cambria will eventually refine their process to eliminate the ugly blobs. In the meantime the only safe approach for the consumer is to inspect their slabs to insure no ugly blobs are included in their countertops.

• Vertise
    9 years ago

Finally! Thank you, OldRyder!! You are the best and a true professional in all ways!

Honestly, this whole thing is so darn obvious it is just plain silly.

As is this idea that all these pita customers should be catering to the businesses and designers they hire instead of vice versa!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

"Honestly, this whole thing is so darn obvious it is just plain silly."

snookums2:

I have to agree. Quartz manufacturers have made no secret of resin pools. They have made it "so darn obvious" that for a customer to miss it would be "plain silly."

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

Parhelion:

If you'd be willing to settle for a seam, the resin pool could be cut off and an acceptable piece seamed in place without removing the main top and sink. I could do it in an hour or so.

• heidihausfrau
    9 years ago

Here is a picture of my Bradshaw.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion---whether you like Cambria, granite, laminate etc. is not the point. I don't think anyone should criticize someone else's choice.
    I picked my counter because it was love at first sight. The 12x12 sample did have resin blobs, I read about them on this forum, I saw them on the Cambria website. I was ok with them, just like I would have been ok with imperfections in a granite. For me, they are part of the overall design!
    That being said, I agree with Trebruchet that the section in question could be replaced. I think that is a good way to go. That resin blob doesn't go without look of the counter.

This is my favorite blob---it is right by where I stand when I am doing my prep. I think you can see down into it, and I sometimes get sucked into daydream land when I look at it.......

• heidihausfrau
    9 years ago

Double post

This post was edited by heidihausfrau on Mon, Oct 6, 14 at 11:24

• marcolo
    9 years ago

I have to agree. Quartz manufacturers have made no secret of resin pools. They have made it "so darn obvious" that for a customer to miss it would be "plain silly."

I nominate Trebruchet as official spokesperson for the manufactured Quartz industry. With a generous salary to be eagerly paid by the natural marble and granite industry.

• Parhelion
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OP here again, this time with an update:

First of all, thank you ALL for your comments, observations, photos and advice! I appreciate every single one of them as it helped me look at this issue from all angles.

I still believe the blotch is unacceptable, given where it is located. I have over 50 square feet of Cambria Bradshaw in my new kitchen, and the blotch is twice as large as any other "resin pool", plus it is located in a focal point of the kitchen - front and center. And yes, people in real life have commented upon it.

If this "Color blotch intended...to enhance the natural beauty..." (contractual language), it has failed badly due to its location and the fact that at 6 square inches (2x3 as measured by the Cambria rep who came out to look at it), it is twice as large as any other resin pool on my acres of countertop.

That being said, I do realize that if this blotch were instead located near the wall, or on a corner, or even next to the sink, where I keep a cutting board, I would have no cause for complaint and probably would come to live with it, no problem. But it isn't. It is eye-catching, and not in the way I wanted.

So...whose fault? I think this is a toughie. But this is the resolution that I have arrived at with the Cambria rep and the fabricator, after a LOT of negotiation and after me throwing a minor fit: I will pay $850 for a complete replacement of that piece, labor and materials. I will go in and preview the new piece before cutting. Although not ideal, I think this is fair as I believe this is a large discount considering this piece is 9 1/2 feet long, with a 4 foot L, seamless (LOVE the seamless!) and has a cutout for the sink. (The problem *would* occur on the largest piece in my kitchen, right?)

If my experience helps shift the tide so that the industry starts mandating that customers look at pieces before they are cut, that would make me feel better. And hopefully manufacturers and fabricators are paying attention and realize that fuzzy contractual language does not entitle them to put out a sloppy product and then force the consumer to accept it.

Again, thank you all, every one of you, for your thoughts and debate on this board. Your comments really helped me in my thinking, and while I am not thrilled at having to spending more to get what I want, I simply could not live with that blotch, and feel that the resolution is (more or less) fair to everyone involved, given the fuzziness of the issue.

~Lynne

This post was edited by Parhelion on Mon, Oct 6, 14 at 13:20

• letsbehonest
    9 years ago

Lynne - Thank you for posting an update. I was wondering what the outcome would be. I'm glad that you were able to reach some sort of agreement. Too bad that you had to pony up some more funds, but in the long run it sounds like it will be worth it for your own sanity. I just asked my husband when I get to pick out my Cambria slab and he looked at me like I'd lost my mind. I told him this was definitely happening! :) I don't know why this hasn't become the status quo for Cambria, but I definitely think it should.
    Good luck on the rest of the kitchen, it's looking great!!

• Bunny
    9 years ago

Parhelion, good for you. I too would be somewhat rankled by having to pay another $850, but I applaud you for stepping up and offering something in return for that piece being replaced. In time, you will forget the money, and you'll have the counter you expected and deserve.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

"I nominate Trebruchet as official spokesperson for the manufactured Quartz industry. With a generous salary to be eagerly paid by the natural marble and granite industry."

marcolo:

You are demonstrating the logical fallacy of relevance, ad hominem circumstantial to be specific.

Unfortunately, I can't get anyone to pay me to post here but even if I did, you would still have the obligation to answer my argument, not my circumstances.

Parhelion:

I'd be willing to bet the Cambria rep authorized a free sheet and the fabricator is covering his costs in order to insure your satisfaction.

I'm glad it worked out for you.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Lynne, I think this is a win-win-win situation for everyone since you got the counter you wanted and it was replaced at a discounted price. Now we all know that all counters we need to pick out ourselves and monitor to be sure parts we do not like are not going to be installed. The counters are beautiful and will be even prettier without that big spot.

• glitter_and_guns
    9 years ago

I am glad that you got it worked out. I also wanted to let you know that I would not have been happy with that particular blob. In fact, your experience has made me remove quartz from my counter top shopping. I actually had no idea that a blob of that type would be passed through as OK. All of the samples that I have looked at had small blobs that did look like part of the stone. Not what you have.

I appreciate you posting here and I appreciate the advice that was given that this is the nature of the product. As an aside, I was in a big box store over the weekend and specifically asked about blobage. I was told that there would be no blobs over 1cm by 1cm. Hmmmmm

• marcolo
    9 years ago

Trebruchet, I think the phrase you're looking for is wentus overhis headus. The point is, if I were a competitor of the quartz industry, I would love to hear the industry blame customers for its own quality control problems. Because that's not going to end well for the Quartz people.

It may feel good to say, "it's acceptable because fine print." But it's not acceptable to consumers. Period. A few more blob-shaming reviews like this one on the web, and Cambria will be taking this product back to the drawing board.

• kompy
    9 years ago

Glitter, don't let this incident scare you away from quartz. The resin pools are only an issue with several Cambria colors. That being said, Cambria also has the most beautiful colors of quartz. I think their manufacturing process creates the most beautiful while at the same time can result in resin pooling.

Viatera has some gorgeous colors without the resin pooling problems. They aren't as vibrant and "Deep" as Cambria...but beautiful in their own right. I have done a few jobs Aria and Everest. Silestone also has some nice colors.

Quartz still has a VERY high satisfaction rate! I am a KD and I have quartz in my own personal kitchen and I prefer it over the granite in my last kitchen.

KOMPY

• RocksAndRoses
    9 years ago

This is your dream kitchen. You worked hard for it. I think it is suspect that they installed it while you were absent. Keep fighting to get it the way you want it.

The granite company I work with encourages people to select the pieces BEFORE they cut, deliver and install them to avoid such problems. That doesn't help you, but may help other people reading this thread.

The "professionals" work with each other. Fighting amongst themselves is bad for business. It can be like doctors, they won't say anything against their own.

It is good to get competitive bids and a written agreement before starting work. You can add a phrase to approve major items (and list these items) before installation and payment. I have worked both sides as owner rep for a big pharmaceutical company, and an independent free lance designer. There are some very good contractors, but there are also some irresponsible ones.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Now I added Cabria Quartz to the subject so hopefully this thread will show up in searches.

• cxkatey
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

So glad that the OP posted and that everyone else commented. Am just at the beginning of a huge remodel. My first. In the past I've only bought houses that were "ready to go" or "good enough" and did not even imagine that I would be able to go to the fabricators and "OK" the slab before cutting.

This lurking on websites is part of my research, so thanks to all who gave me some good stuff to read and learn.

I have put "see slab at fabricators" in my "countertop" file front-and-center to make sure I don't forget to do that, whether I purchase quartz or granite.

This is extremely helpful information for newbies.

FWIW--the blob was hideous, mostly because it was not conforming to the rest of the counter top pattern. Blobs in other patterns/styles look "fine" because the slab is full of them...and that is the POINT of that particular slab. not with this one though...it was not conforming in size or frequency.

• frankruppdesign
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Thanks to this blog I insisted my contractor let me inspect the slab before any cutting was done. I just came back from there about an hour ago and wanted to update this blog immediately.

Our kitchen is requiring two slabs and a number of seams. The first slab was great, nice coloration, natural looking variation and generally consistant feel. The second was a different story. After about 20 minutes of Testrising the wood templates on the slab (which would have been impossible if the contractor used that new laser technique) we were able to work around most of the unsightly resin pools. I would have been furious if the blob on the top right corner (bigger than a dollar bill) ended up on the final product.

I think Cambria needs to do a better job of quality control with their product before sending them out to the countertop makers.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

"(which would have been impossible if the contractor used that new laser technique)"

frankruppdesign:

Sorry, but you're not up on the latest in countertop technology. Nowadays when a top is laser templated and pictures of the slabs are on a program like Slabsmith, customers can sit in the air conditioned comfort of a fabricator's office while the templates are digitally manipulated over the slabs on a monitor. Customers can see (and agree to) slab placement, seam placement, the flow and/or match of pieces, and elimination or acceptance of any resin pools before a single bit or blade touches a slab.

• frankruppdesign
    7 years ago
    My statement was based on the circumstances at hand. I'm sure surgically precise auditorium for cutting countertop would have been nice. As it was, I was standing in 90° heat in the back of a warehouse parking lot with the slabs in a rack. It would have been impossible to orient the pieces without the wooden templates because the data would have been trapped in a computer. Before you say "well, you should pick a better contractor" I got mine from this effing site and I am not impressed in the least.
  • oldbat2be
    7 years ago

Good to know, Joseph. frankruppdesign - thank you for the update and nicely done on your part. Another Cambria owner, I have no pooling but would have lain out the slabs differently with hindsight. My favorite parts are in lesser used places.

• mjarvis57
    7 years ago

frankruppdesign - is that Bellingham? That's what we chose. I'll definitely be asking to check the slab for resin pools and try to avoid ones like the upper corner there. I did order a 12" sample and it actually does have a quarter sized pool in my sample. I'll add some feet and make that sample a cheese board later.

• frankruppdesign
    7 years ago
    Correct, Bellingham. I got the 12" sample too, but it was clear.

It wasn't until I found this blog that I leaned about "resin pools" and thought to see the slab in person.

On a side note, when I got the 12" piece, I poured ketchup, red wine, soy sauce, hand soap, dish soap, A1 sauce, yellow mustard and red food coloring on it and let it sit for 24 hours. None of the items left a stain.