Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kit222_gw

suggestions for natural cherry kitchen cabinets

kit222
11 years ago

If you have natural cherry kitchen cabinets, pls let me know the granite countertop name, backsplash type, and paint color you use. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. It will be even greater if you could share photos. Thanks

Comments (17)

• labbie
    11 years ago

I can't post photos right now, but we used golden crystal granite, Crossville unpolished porcelain 3x12 tiles for backsplash, and sw lotus pod for walls.
    I also love soapstone with natural cherry, and if we'd gone that route I would have loved a slate tile backsplash.

• leela4
    11 years ago

No granite here, but we do have natural cherry cabinets and unoiled soapstone counters. Our backsplash is 3x6 Horus Art Tile Broadway in crema, and the accent behind the range is a custom blend of Oceanside glass tile. Wall color is SW icicle. I can post photos if you would like.

• weissman
    11 years ago

I'd recommend Blue Pearl granite. I chose it for my red birch kitchen based on seeing it in a friend's kitchen with cherry cabinets. We also both have a backsplash of blue pearl granite tiles as well. You can see pictures of my kitchen on the Finished Kitchens Blog.

• badgergal
    11 years ago

There have been quite a few post regarding natural cherry cabinets and countertops so you could do a search on this website or search on google with the those terms plus gardenweb. In the mean time here are a few shots of my kitchen with natural cherry cabinets and verde peacock granite. The wall color doesn't photograph all that well with my cell phone camera but it looks great in real life. It is BM Hillcrest tan. My backsplash is a combination of stone, glass and stainless. It is also hard to get a good picture of it. My floors are natural ash.
    {{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Sorry I don't have pictures, but my brother did natural cherry with super white quartzite counters. He has a pale yellow paint on the wall, though I don't know the specific name.

• colin3
    11 years ago

One interesting set of pictures (not mine): http://www.finehomebuilding.com/item/6615/1920s-bungalow-bungled-to-beautiful

We used black soapstone, stainless steel backsplash behind the stove, and the "Macadamia" shade in Devine paints.

The grain of cherry is lively, so it makes sense to complement it with minimal, or at least more restrained, patterns in other things. The colors in cherry are red and green, so those colors tend to complement well. A final suggestion is to get samples of all the materials and put them in your kitchen space to see how the light works with them.

• berardmr
    11 years ago

Prospect, Are those magnets I see on your stainless fridge??

• labbie
    11 years ago

Prospect- your kitchen is one of my favorites. I adore the soapstone and your backsplash with the natural cherry.

• Cloud Swift
    11 years ago

Counters and backsplash: Azul do Mar quartizite
    Walls - I don't recall the name but it's a cream color:

Also in our family room where you can see more of the paint:

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Pretty cabinets everyone!

No natural cherry for me, but 2 friends have it, shaker style. One has Manhattan Green granite countertops and backsplash. Very pretty, reminds me of blue cheese, but very hard to find in the same beautiful tone as hers. She has sapale hardwood floors. The other has seafoam granite, and her backsplash tiles were hand made artisan things with tile floor.

• kit222
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thank you all - great input and thank you for sharing your ideas and pictures. cheers,

• numbersjunkie
    11 years ago

My counters are honed Virginia Mist (aka Jet Mist), my backsplash is honed Misty Blue limestone and mosaic.

• claybabe
    11 years ago

I have had natural cherry in two kitchens, with the first having black galaxy on the perimeter cabs, with black tile. In the current kitchen there are two main counter tops that meet a backsplash, butcher block and copper, with Verde Fuoco on the island, and marble in the baking center with a different backsplash.

Copper with marble backsplash:

Butcher block with marble backsplash:

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Lovely kitchens!!! I just love to see all of the beautiful kitchens.
    Each has a personality of its own!

• decolisa
    11 years ago

I have natural cherry with Kashmir White granite and a solid sheet of backpainted glass (sort of blue/green)as a backsplash. Floors are maple. There's no paint in the kitchen, but it opens into the dining room painted in BM Coastal Fog. I found that the paint really picks up the warm undertones of the granite.

• caseyrose
    11 years ago

I also love natural cherry, and was thinking about soapstone counters but worried the effect would be too dark. I see that several of you have that combo. Are you happy with it?