Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
suggestions for natural cherry kitchen cabinets

Posted by kit222 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 12 at 8:21

If you have natural cherry kitchen cabinets, pls let me know the granite countertop name, backsplash type, and paint color you use. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. It will be even greater if you could share photos. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: suggestions for natural cherry kitchen cabinets

I can't post photos right now, but we used golden crystal granite, Crossville unpolished porcelain 3x12 tiles for backsplash, and sw lotus pod for walls.
I also love soapstone with natural cherry, and if we'd gone that route I would have loved a slate tile backsplash.

o

We have natural cherry cabs with soapstone counters and slate backsplash. Paint used was SW Unusual Gray. Link to reveal is below.

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: cherry kitchen

o

No granite here, but we do have natural cherry cabinets and unoiled soapstone counters. Our backsplash is 3x6 Horus Art Tile Broadway in crema, and the accent behind the range is a custom blend of Oceanside glass tile. Wall color is SW icicle. I can post photos if you would like.

o

I'd recommend Blue Pearl granite. I chose it for my red birch kitchen based on seeing it in a friend's kitchen with cherry cabinets. We also both have a backsplash of blue pearl granite tiles as well. You can see pictures of my kitchen on the Finished Kitchens Blog.

o

There have been quite a few post regarding natural cherry cabinets and countertops so you could do a search on this website or search on google with the those terms plus gardenweb. In the mean time here are a few shots of my kitchen with natural cherry cabinets and verde peacock granite. The wall color doesn't photograph all that well with my cell phone camera but it looks great in real life. It is BM Hillcrest tan. My backsplash is a combination of stone, glass and stainless. It is also hard to get a good picture of it. My floors are natural ash.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Sorry I don't have pictures, but my brother did natural cherry with super white quartzite counters. He has a pale yellow paint on the wall, though I don't know the specific name.

o

One interesting set of pictures (not mine): http://www.finehomebuilding.com/item/6615/1920s-bungalow-bungled-to-beautiful

We used black soapstone, stainless steel backsplash behind the stove, and the "Macadamia" shade in Devine paints.

The grain of cherry is lively, so it makes sense to complement it with minimal, or at least more restrained, patterns in other things. The colors in cherry are red and green, so those colors tend to complement well. A final suggestion is to get samples of all the materials and put them in your kitchen space to see how the light works with them.

o

Prospect, Are those magnets I see on your stainless fridge??

o

Prospect- your kitchen is one of my favorites. I adore the soapstone and your backsplash with the natural cherry.

o

Counters and backsplash: Azul do Mar quartizite
Walls - I don't recall the name but it's a cream color:
Photobucket

Also in our family room where you can see more of the paint:
Photobucket

o

Pretty cabinets everyone!

No natural cherry for me, but 2 friends have it, shaker style. One has Manhattan Green granite countertops and backsplash. Very pretty, reminds me of blue cheese, but very hard to find in the same beautiful tone as hers. She has sapale hardwood floors. The other has seafoam granite, and her backsplash tiles were hand made artisan things with tile floor.

o

thank you all - great input and thank you for sharing your ideas and pictures. cheers,

o

My counters are honed Virginia Mist (aka Jet Mist), my backsplash is honed Misty Blue limestone and mosaic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I have had natural cherry in two kitchens, with the first having black galaxy on the perimeter cabs, with black tile. In the current kitchen there are two main counter tops that meet a backsplash, butcher block and copper, with Verde Fuoco on the island, and marble in the baking center with a different backsplash.

Copper with marble backsplash:

Photobucket

Butcher block with marble backsplash:

Photobucket

o

Lovely kitchens!!! I just love to see all of the beautiful kitchens.
Each has a personality of its own!

o

I have natural cherry with Kashmir White granite and a solid sheet of backpainted glass (sort of blue/green)as a backsplash. Floors are maple. There's no paint in the kitchen, but it opens into the dining room painted in BM Coastal Fog. I found that the paint really picks up the warm undertones of the granite.

o

I also love natural cherry, and was thinking about soapstone counters but worried the effect would be too dark. I see that several of you have that combo. Are you happy with it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here