Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

I'm supposed to get a backsplash today...

oldbat2be
11 years ago

Actually, 2 backsplashes (kitchen and pantry) and a floor to be tiled. But it's 8 AM and the tilers haven't shown up yet...

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that all goes well!

Comments (30)

• localeater
    11 years ago

Have they arrived?

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Fingers crossed. They must be there or she should have answered, right?

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    11 years ago

They're here :)

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And I promise these ones are not made out of paper :)

Kitchen....

Pantry....

• youngdeb
    11 years ago

Sooo beautiful! Can't wait to see it all grouted!

• drewem
    11 years ago

Wow, the kitchen one looks just like your paper experiment! That was a fantastic idea you had! Beautiful!

• localeater
    11 years ago

They are both so stunning, I can't decide which one I love more.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Yabba dabba doo! Looking great!

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks all, I am just so excited I had to post :) This has been a long time coming.

Pantry will look quite different; I worked up three sample grout boards over the weekend and this was the color I liked best (TEC Silverado):

This is photoshopped version, grout will be much lighter IRL (it's lightened considerably as it dried).

Now I can't wait for grout!

• finestra
    11 years ago

Wow! Now that's a statement! Looks great!

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

SO GORGEOUS!!! I am thrilled for you ! I know you have been waiting a long time!! YEA !
    Enjoy !!! :D

• mamasheshe
    11 years ago

Simply fabulous!!! How will you sleep tonight with all that new gorgeousness?

• deedles
    11 years ago

Oooo. Is that the tile you were mocking up with the copies awhile back? It's gorgeous! I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't still paper, lol. (That was a really good idea).

It looks beautiful! You must be so excited!

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

oldbat2be, gorgeous! please share the name of the pantry tile!

• onedogedie
    11 years ago

What gorgeousness!

• enduring
    11 years ago

Wonderful and I can't wait to see that stunner in the kitchen. The pantry is perfectly grouted as in your sample board :)

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Oldbat- absolutely stunning. So much personality and yet timeless ....thanks for the inspiration.

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Marti8a and localeater - thanks for having been there to share in my excitement!

youngdeb - hopefully will be able to post grouted pictures tomorrow:)

drewem - thanks! Funny, but yes it does look a lot like the photocopies, so much I sort of look at the tiles and say - oh yeah, these guys are back. (As compared to the pantry tiles which are new).

localeater - you have such a beautiful kitchen; I appreciate very much your kind words, thanks!

Angie_DIY - THANKS!!! Getting there... will post tomorrow AM about two herringbone patterns, would love your input.

finestra - thanks! Statement... but what am I saying? (I'm a tad worried about the bold tile).

go_figure01 - yes, it has been a long time, maybe 6 months searching for the right tile. Thanks!!

mamasheshe - thanks... last night I got up around 2, tiptoed carefully past the kitchen backsplash and went to soak in the pantry (very calm and soothing).

deedles - yep, same tile. The problem is, I had the paper up so long, this doesn't feel like anything new :)

michoumonster - It's Fireclay Tile, star and cross, in Mica color. Love the heft of the tile and it's simply lovely with the sunlight from the other room reflecting off of it.

onedogedie - thanks, getting there!

enduring - you are too kind, still have my fingers crossed that we can make it work in the kitchen. Pantry - I'm thrilled with.

secondhalf - big smile, thanks so much for the nice words!

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

It IS simply lovely oldbat!... Both tiles look just perfect in your setting. Great job!

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

thanks oldbat! did you do the fireclay in a glossy finish? your kitchen and pantry are stunning! i can't wait to see everything grouted!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

I love it! Gorgeous!

• msrose
    11 years ago

Any final pictures yet?

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

OldBat - well? Looking great!!
    Finished yesterday but as I mentioned in another post - poor light conditions for final pictures with the small cameras..

• Iowacommute
    11 years ago

Those are amazing backsplashes. As someone who is fearful of buying and installing something they will quickly grow tired of let me ask-are you afraid of growing tired of the tiles, patters, or color of grout? I know you can grow tired even of the most non-descript backsplash and tile. Just asking. Your kitchen and pantry are amazing.

• chiefy
    11 years ago

OldBat I can't believe I missed these teaser photos earlier! Do you have the final reveal?

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    11 years ago

remodelfla, gr8day - thanks!!

msrose, chiefy76 - Here you go, not final but making progress. I am not happy with the outlets in the pantry, think I will decouppage these so that they are much less apparent.

michoumonster - No special finish on the fireclay tiles, this was just the way they came.

Hi a2 - thanks! Did you say you were finished? Wahoo!

IowaCommute - thanks for the kind compliment, of course I was worried about not being happy with these, it took forever to select our final choices. I think I can accessorize and decorate around these, when I want a change, so no, at this point, I am not worried about growing tired of these.

Decouppaged outlet

I should have used plugmold - curses!!!! Also, don't like the grouted vertical corner line, stands out too much. Need to lighten...

{{!gwi}}

• msrose
    11 years ago

Thanks for the update! I almost missed it. It looks amazing!!!!!

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

I love how you decopaged the outlet. Very clever!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Wahoo for sure. Hoping for good weather on Friday to take pictures but unlikely

• oldbat2be
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks msrose! marti8a - I chipped off a few pieces from my grout sample board and took them to staples and photocopied them (use photo setting). We'll be waiting a2gemini!