Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm supposed to get a backsplash today...

Posted by oldbat2be (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 8:02

Actually, 2 backsplashes (kitchen and pantry) and a floor to be tiled. But it's 8 AM and the tilers haven't shown up yet...

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that all goes well!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm supposed to get a backsplash today...

Have they arrived?

o

Fingers crossed. They must be there or she should have answered, right?

o

They're here :)

o

And I promise these ones are not made out of paper :)

Kitchen....

Pantry....

o

Sooo beautiful! Can't wait to see it all grouted!

o

Wow, the kitchen one looks just like your paper experiment! That was a fantastic idea you had! Beautiful!

o

They are both so stunning, I can't decide which one I love more.

o

Yabba dabba doo! Looking great!

o

Thanks all, I am just so excited I had to post :) This has been a long time coming.

Pantry will look quite different; I worked up three sample grout boards over the weekend and this was the color I liked best (TEC Silverado):

This is photoshopped version, grout will be much lighter IRL (it's lightened considerably as it dried).

Now I can't wait for grout!

o

Wow! Now that's a statement! Looks great!

o

SO GORGEOUS!!! I am thrilled for you ! I know you have been waiting a long time!! YEA !
Enjoy !!! :D

o

Simply fabulous!!! How will you sleep tonight with all that new gorgeousness?

o

Oooo. Is that the tile you were mocking up with the copies awhile back? It's gorgeous! I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't still paper, lol. (That was a really good idea).

It looks beautiful! You must be so excited!

o

oldbat2be, gorgeous! please share the name of the pantry tile!

o

What gorgeousness!

o

Wonderful and I can't wait to see that stunner in the kitchen. The pantry is perfectly grouted as in your sample board :)

o

Oldbat- absolutely stunning. So much personality and yet timeless ....thanks for the inspiration.

o

Marti8a and localeater - thanks for having been there to share in my excitement!

youngdeb - hopefully will be able to post grouted pictures tomorrow:)

drewem - thanks! Funny, but yes it does look a lot like the photocopies, so much I sort of look at the tiles and say - oh yeah, these guys are back. (As compared to the pantry tiles which are new).

localeater - you have such a beautiful kitchen; I appreciate very much your kind words, thanks!

Angie_DIY - THANKS!!! Getting there... will post tomorrow AM about two herringbone patterns, would love your input.

finestra - thanks! Statement... but what am I saying? (I'm a tad worried about the bold tile).

go_figure01 - yes, it has been a long time, maybe 6 months searching for the right tile. Thanks!!

mamasheshe - thanks... last night I got up around 2, tiptoed carefully past the kitchen backsplash and went to soak in the pantry (very calm and soothing).

deedles - yep, same tile. The problem is, I had the paper up so long, this doesn't feel like anything new :)

michoumonster - It's Fireclay Tile, star and cross, in Mica color. Love the heft of the tile and it's simply lovely with the sunlight from the other room reflecting off of it.

onedogedie - thanks, getting there!

enduring - you are too kind, still have my fingers crossed that we can make it work in the kitchen. Pantry - I'm thrilled with.

secondhalf - big smile, thanks so much for the nice words!

o

It IS simply lovely oldbat!... Both tiles look just perfect in your setting. Great job!

o

thanks oldbat! did you do the fireclay in a glossy finish? your kitchen and pantry are stunning! i can't wait to see everything grouted!

o

I love it! Gorgeous!

o

Any final pictures yet?

o

OldBat - well? Looking great!!
Finished yesterday but as I mentioned in another post - poor light conditions for final pictures with the small cameras..

o

Those are amazing backsplashes. As someone who is fearful of buying and installing something they will quickly grow tired of let me ask-are you afraid of growing tired of the tiles, patters, or color of grout? I know you can grow tired even of the most non-descript backsplash and tile. Just asking. Your kitchen and pantry are amazing.

o

OldBat I can't believe I missed these teaser photos earlier! Do you have the final reveal?

o

remodelfla, gr8day - thanks!!

msrose, chiefy76 - Here you go, not final but making progress. I am not happy with the outlets in the pantry, think I will decouppage these so that they are much less apparent.

michoumonster - No special finish on the fireclay tiles, this was just the way they came.

Hi a2 - thanks! Did you say you were finished? Wahoo!

IowaCommute - thanks for the kind compliment, of course I was worried about not being happy with these, it took forever to select our final choices. I think I can accessorize and decorate around these, when I want a change, so no, at this point, I am not worried about growing tired of these.

Decouppaged outlet

I should have used plugmold - curses!!!! Also, don't like the grouted vertical corner line, stands out too much. Need to lighten...

o

Thanks for the update! I almost missed it. It looks amazing!!!!!

o

I love how you decopaged the outlet. Very clever!

o

Wahoo for sure. Hoping for good weather on Friday to take pictures but unlikely

o

Thanks msrose! marti8a - I chipped off a few pieces from my grout sample board and took them to staples and photocopied them (use photo setting). We'll be waiting a2gemini!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here