Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

10 x 10 Kitchen Inspiration Anyone?

Rudebekia
9 years ago

I'm just starting a complete kitchen remodel in a 100 year old Craftsman house. The 10 x 10 space is cozy, to say the least. It seems that so many people here have large kitchens, this is a shout out to any kind soul who has remodeled an approximately 10 x 10 box! Any inspiration photos would help. We will be doing a kitchen that is sensitive to the period look of the house. Thanks.

Comments (17)

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

There was a kitchen here years ago. I loved it. Probably smaller than yours.

Here is a link that might be useful: One idea

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Here is Miles Redd's famous green kitchen for a Manhattan client. He repainted existing cabinets in Fine Paints of Europe Bamboo Leaf and added a window screen in the same paint, appliances, hardware, stainless counter tops,etc.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

See alermar's post, "Love this kitchen--so creative"

• fivefootzero
    9 years ago

How about 10 x 11 with 3 doorways? I love our kitchen and it feels much larger than the size it is...to me at least.

This post was edited by fivefootzero on Fri, Sep 12, 14 at 9:49

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Here is a 100 square foot kitchen filed under "bungalow kitchens" on Houzz.

Here is a link that might be useful: [Bungalow remodel[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/100-square-foot-kitchen-remodel-craftsman-kitchen-minneapolis-phvw-vp~5402770)

• PRO
    Windyroc Studios, LLC
    9 years ago

I've got a 10x10 kitchen that I remodeled in 2009. I used Ikea cabinets throughout. I love my small kitchen.

• PRO
    Windyroc Studios, LLC
    9 years ago

Here's another view of my kitchen.

• DeeV78
    9 years ago

I have a roughly 10x10 kitchen, which we remodeled to 10x11 by taking up a little square footage from the living room to squeeze in a pantry next to the fridge. We renovated to open floor plan so had the luxury to play around with the layout a bit.

See my earlier post from today with the kitchen reveal subject 'My Medallion Kitchen Reveal'

Here is a link that might be useful: My Medallion Kitchen Reveal

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

What a great post. I have always loved FiveFootZero's kitchen and now I love also DeeV78's kitchen showing that it is how everything compliments each other that gives the wow factor!

• Aubusson
    9 years ago

We also have a smallish kitchen - it's about 9 x 13 with 3 doorways and two windows. Our house was built in 1926 and most of the cabinets are from the late 60's and full of handmade charm.

One thing I found incredibly useful was ripping out a shallow (18") base cabinet with countertop and putting in a floor to ceiling 12" deep cabinet. We call it the "dish stack" and it holds all our dishes, mugs and glasses. We did it from necessity and ended up thinking it's our best idea. It opens up the entrance to the kitchen a little bit which the countertop corner used to impede. It's directly across from my dishwasher and has drastically reduced the time to unload the dishes. We are still in the process of remodeling, so no "after" pictures yet.

I wouldn't really want a bigger kitchen. Just more storage.

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

10' x 10-6" here, it has worked for us for over 30 years...

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

Here's mine. It looks much bigger because it's so open but the main part of the kitchen is only about 9x11. It's very efficient, tons of counterspace. I can easily have two cooks in here and we've had a third without much trouble either.

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures and details

• crl_
    9 years ago

Our first kitchen was 8 x 8 with two doors and a window. This one is 10 x 9. Sorry no pictures to share, but I don't mind a small kitchen--fewer steps to take and less room for stuff are often good things.

You might go to houzz and click on the kitchen photo category and then filter by compact on the filter choices down the left side of the screen.

• agk2003
    9 years ago

goffgirl, can i ask what sink that is? love your kitchen.

• willtv
    9 years ago

Below is a link to our 8'x12' kitchen slideshow which was completed in 2010.
    If you plan and design well, you'll find there's almost nothing that can't be accomplished in a 100 SqFt. room.

Good luck and continue to post your design challenges here.
    The folks on this forum are excellent problem solvers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Completed 8x12 Kitchen

• pprioroh
    9 years ago

Keep them coming - these are great inspirations for real world homes that don't have giant spaces to work with. Some real inspiring designs and looks! thanks for taking time to post your pictures.