Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light colored granite

Posted by Nananay84 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 24, 13 at 7:11

I am looking for a particular style of granite, and have been unable to find anything I like. Does anyone have suggestions for a light colored granite that is in the "warm" range, with very little veining? At two stone yards, the only light slabs they had were greyish. I prefer the "mottled" look as opposed to swirls and streaks. Would love to hear your recommendations! Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light colored granite

I just went on this search last Friday and I am going to end up getting quartz and Corian. I could not find a beigey granite that was not too busy or dark or gray for me. Just my 2 cents!

o

Juparana St. Cecelia & Venetian Gold might meet your needs and both are relatively inexpensive. ALso Venetian Ice and Giallo Ornamental. SOme of these can be very lightly colored.

o

Thanks, oldryder, for the suggestions! Will look into those. And chitownkat, what quartz did you choose? I have "absolutely" decided on several different quartz options, and keep changing my mind. Decided to look at granite one more time. Just curious about where you are headed with your choices! Thanks to both of you!

o

I too had to find a one with less grey because of my floor. I just found two weeks ago the Giallo Ornamental light . I looked and looked and looked so I know what you mean.

o

We have not decided on counters yet, and I likely will not decide until I absolutely have to!

For quartz I am considering Silestone "Tigris Sand" and Zodiac "crema marfil" There are a ton of lighter Corian colors also. We are doing an island so I may do one of those lighter beige colors on the perimeter and a darker quartz on the island.

My trip to the granite place confirmed my feelings that granite is just not for me, design wise. I like its properties as a material for countertops but just not have warmed to it visually, if that makes any sense.

o

Each slab is different, but Colonial Creme and Colonial Gold are relatively light granites with minimal veining.
Giallo Napoli, if you can get the creamier one is another.
Perlato-Europa is a gold granite, very light though, not much gray.
Cristalo is another one.
There are lots out there, but you will have to pick out your slab. It might mean going to several suppliers before you find the one you want, but in the end, it will be well worth the trouble.

o

Sarina...giallo ornamental is one of my favorites! And RoRo...thanks for the additional suggestions! Can't wait to look at these, too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here