Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juno_barks

One slab broken by yard, what are my options?

juno_barks
9 years ago

Last May I was thrilled to find the superwhite of my dreams, passed the glass scratch and lemon juice tests, and I snapped them up. But yesterday, the fabricator moved the slabs so we could discuss layout of the sections, and the equipment operator broke one of the slabs.

The fabricator is trying to find me a replacement piece, but I'm worried about matching. And worried about the wait - superwhite is not easy to find around here. Anybody been through this before, and do you have advice?

Comments (3)

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

One of my supper white slabs cracked during delivery. I ended up choosing new slabs of a different quartzite, Iceberg.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

Epoxy the slab back together and forget about it.

• DeeV78
    9 years ago

We ran into a similar issue with our granit slab. Picked out one I loved and was rare. The fabricator messed up the cut so it was unusable. We were not able to find another slab that had similar color tones, so had to start from scratch with the slab search. Ended up picking out a slab that was more expensive than the original one, so I paid the difference in material cost (but not for the fabricator to re-cut etc...though he did have the nerve to ask me to pay for extra labor which I refused).

Sorry your going through this; I know how frustrating it is.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!