Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Guidance on handle/pull placement - pls

Posted by miruca (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 9, 13 at 3:41

Wondering if there are guidleines on vertical pull placement - specifically, looking at two below options; also on corner swing out doors. We have shaker style cabinets, as do these two examples

First question - guidance on veritical pull placement
Example #1 - mounting hole is 3" from bottom of inside cabinet, the pull bottom edge is about 1 1/2 from bottom of cabinet front.

photo null_zpsf73fe0da.jpg

Example #2 - this is Happs - it appears the pull bottom edge is aligned with the inner edge of the front cabinet frame.
 photo Handleshapps_zpsa60fb91e.jpg

Second Question - this is breezygirl's horizontal pull on a corner cabinet - are vertical pulls also used on these cabinets?

photo handleBreezycornercab_zpsa85ba4ea.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Guidance on handle/pull placement - pls

I did number 2.
Love what breezy did as well.

On the lowers-check out Badgergal's pull placement on the drawers.

o

I love what Brexzy did too - and was certain we would do the same until I held out pull up to our cabinets. I was quite surprised, and somewhat disapppinted, that ours looked better vertical!

o

Good morning!

I like your option #2 for your vertical uppers.

As for my cabs, all my pulls are horizontal. And, except for knobs on my dish hutch, I only used pulls.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

hi breezy,
quick question:
how wide are your drawers on each side of the range in your photo above? I'm asking about the 3 lowest, widest drawers. I like you have have split the top row into two narrower drawers They look like 6/6/6/12 height wise? How are you liking that configuration.
sorry, that was more than one question!

o

We did vertical pulls on the cabinets and horizontal on the drawers. Our corner pull is placed vertically as well.

I'm at work and don't have a picture, but our pulls did not look good horizontally. I wish they had...I really liked breezy's horizontal placement .

o

Seems like #2 is getting the response - I like the symmetry of it but it also seems just that much higher for a shortie. # 2 is also the shorter of the pulls (about 6" vs 8").

Breezy ... I covet the placement of your pulls! All horizontal just didn't look the best on these - similar to rkb21's comment. In our case, it is likely because the pulls have a slight curve to them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here