Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remodel--granite & sink suggestions needed

Posted by lainer105 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 2:23

We recently purchased a second home in Florida with some renovations that need to be done in the kitchen. It is a large kitchen which also includes a butler's pantry. Sorry I can't provide you with better pics, but these were taken rather quickly during the home inspection.

The cabinets are glossy white. I am not thrilled with them, but since they are only a year old they will remain. Cabinets in the butler's pantry have glass doors, the remaining area doors are all solid. Current countertops are ceramic tile, they are going. Floors are also your basic off white ceramic tile,they will remain. All new SS appliances will be installed as well as a new backsplash since one doesn't exist.

I am looking for granite suggestions as well as thoughts on sink brands. I currently have a Franke Orca sink and love it due to its size, but it was quite costly. I am looking for a sink of that size again. Many postings mention a brand called Ticor, but I am not familiar with it.

Having these forums are so helpful...I would truly appreciate all suggestions given.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remodel--granite & sink suggestions needed

Additional pic

o

This kitchen has serious potential! With SS appliances, and white cabs, just go find your slab (bring a door with you) then change out the knobs. Super white quartzite could be gorgeous, and you can either try polished nickel knobs or satin nickel, pewter, etc Or you could go for a more rustic look with oil rubbed bronze hardware and a granite with some brown tones. But for Florida, I'm liking a light, airy feel to the granite. Even on the butler's pantry you could buy a set of different but coordinating knobs, and even paint that set of cabinets a pale blue, green or gray.

Have fun with it!

o

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought when I saw the pics. Change the knobs out, throw down some new granite/marble countertops and pop in the new appliances. Bam, you have a magazine-quality kitchen with minimal impact.

Love the butler pantry too....some crystal knobs could jazz that area up, and you can always do that counter a different color or material as well...Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here