Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone seen pendants like this only less money ?

Posted by sarina (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 1:45

Ran across these love them in the nickel finish but I am not paying almost 400 each for them. Anyone seen something like this for less?

Here is a link that might be useful: Pendants

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone seen pendants like this only less money ?

That is basically the same as the "Benson" light on Restoration Hardware's site. Do a search here and you will find a few options that are a little cheaper and are similar. The Benson looks a little nicer in my opinion and just slightly cheaper.

I was at Home Depot and they had a similar light that was much cheaper but just doesnt have the same feel. It looks cheaper

o

I agonized over my lights, fell in love with Hudson Valley Haverhill, and ultimately decided to pay up for those instead of buying something by Maxim or Progress. But the glass in both arrived damaged, one of the replacements arrived defective, and so now I feel stupid for paying more thinking the quality would be better. Still don't have the the 3rd shipment of replacement glass or have them hung.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maxim 25003clsn

o

This is not exact but it's close?

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration Hardware Clemson

o

I really liked that style as well and was not ready to spend that much for each pendant. I ended up buying the Murray Feiss P1144 in ORB and am very happy with it, at 200 for ea pendant.

o

Don't know if this is the size you are looking for; it is was I put in over the sink (how much less expensive do you want to go?)

Here is a link that might be useful: litex 7.5 inch pendant

o

Check out Landmark Lighting's Chadwick line.

o

I'm also considering the Benson, for looks, price, and quality. But for your reference, I was quoted retail $231 for the Feiss Parker Place P1144 DBZ, Hudson Valley Randolf 2621HB $397.95, and Haverhill 7308OB $334.95.

(btw, these are all 7- 8" minis - not sure what size you wanted). HTH!

o

Thanks all for the suggestions :)

o

I ended up with the RH Clemson lights in 14" inch size which supports three 100 watt bulbs. Hung up two of them over the island. I too dithered over the price which is not inexpensive. But I can see that the quality is quite good. As my husband has commented, changing a bulb is like breaking into Fort Knox. Anyway, I am happy with them even if I wince at the price tag.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here