Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of uba tuba granite with white cabinets please!

Posted by chloe.chloe (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 1:08

I'm having a bit of concern over the uba tuba granite we chose for our new construction. I'm worried it will be too green and look horrible with the white subway tile backsplash. We were trying to stick to our budget and that is the only reason we chose it....I really wanted the black pearl but our builder had it listed as a level 3, which was substantially more money than we wanted to spend. I was hoping some of you have pics of uba tuba granite with your white cabinets... Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of uba tuba granite with white cabinets please!

In a former kitchen, I used honed Absolute Black (similar in price to Uba Tuba) and it looked great, not unlike soapstone. I considered honed Uba Tuba for my last renovation; very beautiful. Neither one looked green at all, and white subway tiles looked good with them. This time I ended up going with Azul Platino for a lighter look on the perimeter cabinets (also lower price end) and White Veneto Marble on the island. Sorry, no pictures of my former kitchen.

o

o

Of course everything depends on which slab you select. I happen to think the deep green color of the Uba Tuba provides a depth that simple black granite doesn't have. White subway tile will work with either the Uba Tuba or the Absolut Black.

Having said that, my sister selected the polished Uba Tuba and never stopped complaining about having to clean finger prints and smears on the surface until she sold the home.

o

I would go look at the slab of Uba Tuba you would be getting. Some of the Uba Tuba slabs have more gold in them and some have the green. We were given counters of Uba Tuba but needed more. I went to many stone yards with a piece to match to and saw anywhere from a small amount of gold to a lot of green.

o

Wow! Where do you guys live that Black Pearl is a Level 3? It is a level 1, same as Uba Tuba. Absolute Black is a Level 2 or 3 depending on the shipment. That's here in Atlanta.
Anyhow, go to the stone yard and pick out your slab. Some Uba Tubas are very green, but mostly they appear black. Against white cabinets and white backsplash, the green will be more visible, but it looks great with white. Bring your door, backsplash, and if you have it a piece of your floor. Put they all up against your slab and you will get a pretty clear picture of how they will look. Those photos are great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here