Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kailaemiko

Kobe 36" hood?

kailaemiko
11 years ago

I don't have any idea which series of Kobe under the cabinet is good. . Anyone has Kobe hood? I'm looking for 36" under the cabinet hood

Comments (4)

• friedajune
    11 years ago

Hi Kailaemiko - the way I would narrow down the Kobe undercabinet hood choices is first to look for hoods that have baffle filters (not mesh). Baffle filters are more efficient, while mesh filters tend to clog quickly with grease. Second I would look for a hood that is at least 24" deep. Anything less deep will not cover your front burners well to exhaust. Out of the Kobe 36" undercabinet hood models, those 2 requirements are in the CH00-1, CH-101 and CH-03. (A couple of those look from the pics like they are chimney style hoods, not undercabinet, but actually the chimney piece is optional, and they are undercabinet hoods).

The next thing I would look at would be the cfm requirements for your range top. You didn't say what it was. Is it gas or electric? Do you know the total btu's? That will help you figure out how powerful a hood you need to get.

And finally I would ensure that your exhaust duct from the kitchen to out of the house matches in diameter to the hood you are choosing. So, if your duct is 8" diameter, that will fit most hoods. If your duct is 6" in diameter, you will have fewer hoods to choose from. If you install a hood to a 6" duct, but the hood needs an 8" duct, you will have a very noisy hood, and one that is less effective, through no fault of the hood. If you are still in construction of your kitchen, you can make sure your contractor installs the correct size duct.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kobe Undercabinet Hoods

• friedajune
    11 years ago

Here's another Kobe hood in their Brillia line.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kobe CHX20

• kailaemiko
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Akchicago, thanks for your detailed information!!!! It's awesome to get all these info. I like the ch00-1, ch101 & ch03 but the height is the problem, the hood will hit my head :( I think I will need up 12 inch instead of 24 or 25 inch... The last one you sent me will work though ;) my question is the fan strong enough to remove odor when I cook? I have a gas cooktop... Love to cook and so I need a really good ventilation ;) I've seen a lot of good review for Kobe that's why I'm gearing towards this brand but if there are other products that will meet my need, I'm open to it.

• kailaemiko
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I saw Kobe CH2230SQ it has 800 cfm is that good? Do u know?