Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Farmer's Sink with More Contemporary Faucets?

Posted by CT_Newbie (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 2, 13 at 0:48

Anyone out there with a white Farmer's sink and contemporary faucets? Please share pics. We're going for a transitional look - white shaker cabinets, black granite countertop for island, likely bar shaped chunky handles. DH said that since we are getting a Farmer's sink, we should have a more traditional faucet. I thought that a contemperary faucet with a nice arc would look nice

What do you think about mixing and matching?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Farmer's Sink with More Contemporary Faucets?

I think no. I vote for keeping the sink area all in a similar theme . . . Bring in newer, more contemporary items in other areas altogether -- like the countertops. But, then, I have no love for contemporary, so I might not be the best judge.

o

I think my Elkay bridge faucet is contemporary. Not minimalist, though, if that is what you are thinking. My cabs are painted beaded inset, walnut countertops, marble subways, Kohler Whitehaven sink, Elkay Explore chrome faucet.

Nancy

o

I have seen on the Kitchens Forum a number of contemporary faucets paired with Farmers sinks, and they look great!

Also consider the transitional faucets, something like the Kohler Vinnata. The Vinnata can be both contemporary or traditional, depending on what it's paired with. Another faucet that can be both traditional or contemporary is the Rohl Country Kitchen Faucet #A3410LP-2 which you can order with either a porcelain handle or a metal handle. The Delta Leland is also a lovely graceful faucet that goes well with a farmers sink.

Even more modern faucets can look good with farmers sinks are the Kohler Simplice (Countrygirl217 has one with her farmers sink, see link below). i recall that Rococogurl has the ultra-modern "pre-rinse" style Dornbracht Profi and it looks amazing.

Although the "bridge" style faucet is associated with the farmers sink, think carefully on how you feel about the need to be turning two handles to use the faucet, versus the ease of one lever handle which you can just push with the back of your hand if need be (i.e. if your hands are greasy or just touched chicken). Also, the bridge style faucet means three holes to clean around, plus a side sprayer hole to make four holes to clean around, versus one hole with a more contemporary faucet with integrated spray. And do make sure you get a faucet with integrated spray to be able to reach into the corners of your farmers sink. Since your husband is the one pushing for the traditional style, make sure to ask him about these points as well.

Thread about Faucets for Apron Sinks

Traditional Shaker Kitchen with Farmers Sink and Modern Pre-Rinse Faucet

Rohl A3410LP-2 Country Kitchen

Kohler Vinnata Faucet

o

You could try a Waterstone plp. It is available in traditional or contemporary. The contemporary version is a 5400 and the traditional is a 5600 model. We have the 5600 paired with a Whitehaven apron sink. I really think the traditional could work well in a transitional or contemporary kitchen.

o

Search for Katieob - she has done two kitchens... the first one I believe had a farmhouse sink with a modern Rohl faucet. Good luck!

o

WOW! You guys are fantastic! Thanks so much for the ideas and specific models. I really appreciate it. You save me time and offer amazing design suggestions.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here