Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trip again to Granite yard

Posted by sarina (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 0:13

Hi this one is called Artus . I have never heard of it. The designer thought it went but they are getting some more of this in Friday of this stone that is suppose to be a bit more movement. They do not have enough of this . What do you all think of this granite with floor and cab?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trip again to Granite yard

Here is another one I found alone today. Not sure what it was called though I took so many pictures and did not label them duh. Need to do that . Thought I would remember. Going again on Friday. What do you think of this one?

o

I would lean toward the first-artus.....lots of lightly shaded areas on this piece anyway.

o

The second looks similar to giallo ornamental. I vote for the second. Your floor tile has a subtle but obvious pattern. I think the first slab is too subtle. The second slab is more pronounced and competes less with the floor tile, making each distinct.

o

I would be interested in seeing the Artus with some movement. I like either the floor or the counter to have some movement, and it looks like your floor tiles might have little variation. Would still like to see a photo of the floor cleaned up.

Can you bring some counter samples home and take the photos under your own light conditions? Do you have an idea of what you'd like to do for a backsplash?

o

One trick I learned when counter-hunting was to take a picture of the label on the granite slab, that way you have the info right there in your camera/phone.

o

I like the first one but, at least in the photo, the floor tile looks too peachy...the color in the granite is more of a yellow/gold tan. The granite looks a lot like mine and I have a gray floor.

o

CallmeJane it was giallo ornamental. but it is spoken for and when I looked today it really is to gold for me. I do like it though just not sure I would like it in my kitchen for long haul. Joaniepoanie the floor is not peachy at all must be the picture. Bethinnc I thought about that last night after I posted the pic duh I could of taken pic of tag. Mayflowers not really sure what am going to do for backsplash but I saw some subway tiles with some very nice glass tiles running through toward bottom. Going to post now the new one I saw today at the yard.

o

I love the first one!

o

Anyone coming to this post follow link below to my three choices that I am going to pick from. So hard!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to all three granite choices in one place .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here