Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
repaintingagain_gw

Info. About Amish Cabinetmaker in Southern PA , as requested

repaintingagain
14 years ago

Hi -

I have recently received several emails asking for the info. on the Amish Cabinetmaker I am using. So I thought I would post this on the forum, just in case anyone else might be looking for this informaiton as well.

Sorry Backinus for taking so long to get this posted. But here you go:

Oxford Cabinet Shop

120 Quarry Road

Oxford, PA 19353

Phone: 717-529-0949 (they only answer M-F, between 8:00-8:30am)

Message line: 610-932-3770 (leave a message for Jacob Fisher)

Jacob Fisher runs the shop, and it is housed on his farm. They have a mini show room of their doors, finishes, etc. Although, they can pretty much make anything.

Dovetail drawers and solid hardwood maple or birch is standard for their interiors. And the construction is excellent.

They do not have a Kitchen designer. You will have to find someone on your own. I found this person online and almost used her (just too pricey for me and I only a few cabinets made, so I just figured it out on my own). I met her and she seemed like she was great. However, I can not give a recommendation based on using her. Just that in talking to her, she seemed very knowledgeable. And certainly her portfolio is great, too. http://www.kirstenskitchens.com/

In terms of price, I think it depends on what you get (finish, doors, size, etc.) But here is an example, for my island: 40x72, beaded inset, painted finish, 6 drawers and 2 bookcases, including installation - $3500.

I received estimates from about 5 kitchen places and this was the lowest price by far, and with the best construction, materials, etc.

We priced the island out without the inset and when he said that the increase for beaded inset was only $200, I just about fell over. Incredible, really. Every other place had a significant difference between inset and regular overlay cabinetry.

They have an installer who will come to your house and measure. I had a little difficulty tracking him down sometimes, but he is very nice and took perfect measurements for our replacement cabinetry.

They do not advertise online, and are not in the phonebook - which is why they are so hard to find. Luckily, our original kitchen was made by them (10 years ago and still holding up great). So our builder gave us the information about them. I share this, so that you know that I even can tell you that a 10 year old kitchen still looks great. No warping on doors, or misaligned cabinetry, etc.

Hope this helps for all of you folks looking for a great cabinetmaker at a great price in Southern PA!

Good luck in your kitchen projects,

Repaintingagain and again and again

Comment (1)