Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (30)

• transitional
    13 years ago

OMG!!! Beautiful, and what faucet is that? Does it have a pull out?

• jakabedy
    13 years ago

That is gorgeous stone.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

Same thing transitional said!

• plllog
    13 years ago

Lovely!! Can't wait to see it with the knobs. :)

• eastbaymom
    13 years ago

Wow, those are stunning veins!

• rhome410
    13 years ago

Oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh....SO nice.

• Laurie
    13 years ago

That's a piece of artwork you have there! Great choice with the faucet too. Fantastic.

• cienza
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Not bad for my first attempt at inserting photos, huh?!
    Thanks for all your kind words!

The FAUCET: Moen 90 Degree With Pull Out Sprayer in Brushed Nickel

The little black thing on the side of the spout is a controller for the spray. It has regular, spray and pause. The hose reaches over to the dishwasher - very convenient.
    The knobs are not on the cabinet doors yet - I'll share once Tommy gets them on. We were a bit burnt out yesterday and used the time to catch up with each other, recuperate from the emotional hangover of seeing the counter for the first time, adjust the cabinet doors, fill trim nailer holes and organize the tool pile.

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

That is an amazing stone... what is it?

• marble_com
    13 years ago

Looks like the exotic, exclusive, rare, premium, and gorgeous Van Gogh/Blue Louise granite. So beautiful!

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Wow! That stone is unbelievable! I think that's my new favorite granite ever.

• vampiressrn
    13 years ago

That stone is breathtaking and looks fabulous with your cabinets. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

• hellonasty
    13 years ago

You ever watch Jeopardy and surprise yourself when you get an answer right, but you're not really quite sure how you knew the answer? My husband and I like to say, "I pulled that one out of my butt!".

Well, that is just what happened when I looked at cienza's granite. I know absolutely nothing about granite. And I admit that in general, I don't know a heck of a lot about art. But looking at this granite I thought to myself, wow, this reminds me of that painting, Starry Night. Lo and behold, marble_com is saying it looks like a "Van Gogh" granite! HA! I totally pulled that one out of my butt!!

cienza, like I said, I'm not a granite person but this granite is making me swoon. It's amazing!

• kaysd
    13 years ago

That granite is truly stunning! Love it! I also love the clean modern lines of the faucet and sink.

• gsciencechick
    13 years ago

It's amazingly gorgeous! Such a natural work of art.

• cienza
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was wrong on the faucet info, sorry to those who asked. Got the faucet mixed up with the lighting, duh.

The FAUCET: Moen 90 Degree With Pull Out Sprayer in Classic Stainless

This faucet comes in chrome and stainless. The chrome was my first choice, but, opted for the stainless since it shows less smudges and is less shiny to coordinate with the other hardware we chose. There are also coordinating bath versions. Although I saw other modern styled faucets I liked better, I chose the Moen on my plumber's recommendation. He's had 3 Moen replacements in the last twenty years. Moen replaced all three at no charge to the customer. He never has problems with damaged product, timely delivery, or any other problems with this brand. According to him, their product has solid 'guts', superior construction with strong customer service.

• jterrilynn
    13 years ago

You must have almost cried at the pure beauty of that stone when it was instaled. I almost want to cry in joy for you.

• dianalo
    13 years ago

Wow! Now THAT is how granite should look! Its natural beauty is breathtaking ;)

• Sue Brunette (formerly known as hockeychik)
    13 years ago

I have been in love with Van Gogh granite ever since I first saw it in Snowbaby's kitchen pics. This counter is gorgeous as well. I was surprised to see it has come down in price a little since then. It wasn't classified as Premium, rather a mid to high level price. I know back about 5 years ago or so it was definitely Premium priced. It is like a piece of art, isn't it? Lovely.

• pinch_me
    13 years ago

If I had that granite my counters would always be cleared off!

• flwrs_n_co
    13 years ago

Stunning! There are so many beautiful colors and movement in it! Can't wait to see more of your kitchen!

• cienza
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh now you all are really going to make me weep - I've spent the last 6 hours trying to unpack the boxes and stuff those cabinets. Yes, it is a joyful cry. My husband thinks I'm a bit of a pack-rat (and now that I am finally unpacking boxes after 6 months of living out of the microwave on paper plates, I'm inclined to agree with him!) and 'nothing will ever be sitting out on this counter other than the percolator and coffee cups!' per the Great Tommy (DH). I suspect that was part of his motivation for authorizing this budget-blowing decision. It still takes my breath away too. I really think that maybe a higher power had all this lined up for us - although it took millions of years to make it from Brazil to our kitchen, we are all home now!

• sabjimata
    13 years ago

Love the granite...are there more pics of this kitchen floating around?

• Jon T
    13 years ago

Ahh, the beautiful Louis Blue (or Van Gogh) granite. Great choice cienza. DW really wanted to put that in our kitchen. We found a few yards that had some very nice slabs of it (some look much better than others). The good ones were going for $85 per sq-ft or so. Yikes. I'm really glad we finally decided it just wasn't the right color scheme for our house. It made our final choice seem like a relative bargin.

Just Google "Van Gogh granite" of "Louis Blue granite" to see a range of samples of this gorgeous stone.

Jon

• cardamon
    13 years ago

Nature's artwork at it's best. Amazing. Even though I have my granite I love I still absolutely love going to the granite yard and looking at granite. Yours is one of those that is breathtaking. Lucky you! More pictures coming?

• ccoombs1
    13 years ago

Oh, that is gorgeous!! I would love something that colorful and dramatic in my master bathroom. I am not ready to get countertops for that room yet, but I know what to look out for when I do!

• motherof3sons
    13 years ago

Stone envy!

• User
    13 years ago

Gorgeous doesn't even begin to cover it. It is dreamy.

• makeithome
    13 years ago

that stone is incredible! Never seen anything like it!

• mamabear2010
    13 years ago

Wow, cienza, your granite is amazing. The colors, the movement, wow - breathtaking!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES