Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
front_gw

Should I go with a backsplash on one side only? Pics

front
9 years ago

I'm going with subway tiles for the backsplash behind the range. I'm still debating on what to do behind the sink. I originally was just going to go with a granite backsplash, but someone told me to go with the subway tiles on that side too. For some reason, I think it may look too busy. What are your thoughts?

Comments (14)

• GenB
    9 years ago

All subway. I think having two different backsplash materials will look far busier.

• Zoladub Dub
    9 years ago

One blacksplash makes sense to me. I love your cabinets. Beautiful. What's your countertop?

• aries61
    9 years ago

front, no suggestions, but do like the cabinets and the way it's coming together. Curious, who makes the cabinets?

• Gracie
    9 years ago

It's just a small wall in the splash zone, so tile it! You didn't ask but don't tile the side walls. Some people still do, but that is falling out of favor and will add busyness.

• front
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so much

pzbbbbd

I'm going with Sensa Summer Caroline. My countertops were supposed to be installed today, but the fabricator pushed it until tomorrow.

aries61

The cabinets are Schuler Hampton Maple in the Morel Vintage finish. The finish came out better than I thought it would. I had a couple of minor issues with 2 doors and they sent replacements out right away. They let me keep the original doors as well.

Mayflower

Just for clarification, can you elaborate on what a side wall is?

How high should I go up the wall with the tile backsplash behind the sink? I'm assuming I go to the bottom of the wall cabinets.

• bridget helm
    9 years ago

Definitely All subway from top of counter to bottom of cabinets all the way around.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Yes, go to the bottom of the wall cabinets.

Here is a side splash. I think your cabinets abut the wall to the right of the window, correct? I looked at your layout enough! Nice to see it all coming together.

• localeater
    9 years ago

I have stone to match my countertop behind the sink, and tile in the rest of the space. I am sure this is not 'typical' but it makes me very happy.

From GW Photos

• Kiwigem
    9 years ago

All the same backsplash, whichever you choose. How exciting to be in the home stretch!

• breezygirl
    9 years ago

Tile it all, except the side splash.

• greenhaven
    9 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen, and all tiles!

• bellsmom
    9 years ago

I agree with Greenhaven and others--gorgeous kitchen and all tiles up to the bottom of the cabinets. Definitely on both sides of the kitchen.

As mayflowers said, I also would not tile the side splash.

The cabinets are really nice. I like the inconspicuous oven hood also. I look forward to seeing the reveal.

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 9:43

• front
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you

I will tile the entire backsplash and not the side wall.

I'll post pictures when the kitchen is done. It shouldn't be long now.

• eam44
    9 years ago

Front, you mention subway tile, but you never said what type/color. Are you worried they may look busy because they are made of a busy stone or marble? I would recommend the classic glazed ceramic subway throughout. Good luck.