Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Titanium granite - to leather or not?

Posted by Mardo (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 23:40

We are narrowing down some granite choices and DH and I both like Titanium. We've seen beautiful polished slabs but drooled over a leathered slab. Does anyone have leathered granite, particularly in Titanium or similar color? What is like to really live with leathered granite vs. polished? I always said I would NEVER go with solid black granite due to the gazillion smudges it gets, so I"m hoping the pattern in Titanium may mitigate that (leathered or polished) but if you tell me otherwise I can easily ditch this choice. My sanity and marriage are worth more than wiping that pretty black granite all day long. Note: DH does NOT participate in daily kitchen maintenance hence my apprehension.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Titanium granite - to leather or not?

I have a black leathered granite in our kids bathroom and although beautiful, I am cleaning it constantly to make it look nice:( I have no idea which black granite it is- my contractor showed me the leathered and the polished samples and of course I loved the look of leathered.

o
RE: Titanium granite - to leather or not?

FWIW:
I have leathered black pearl and absolutely love it. It shows no smears or smudges. Water spots are not noticeable. I wipe it off around the sink, as I would any surface, but other than that it is mostly on its own. After a year, it still looks perfect.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here