Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repainted, now I'm loving the beadboard again! (pics)

Posted by jiggreen (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 7, 09 at 23:28

I've fallen back in love with my beadboard, I decided to get rid of the white and go for a darker color that wouldn't get as cruddy looking, and now I'm so glad I did! I even went a step further and painted the beadboard on the island. It's so warm and welcoming now, I just love it!

Here's the pics!

Remember the BEFORE?:

Photobucket

BEFORE:

Photobucket

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AFTER:

Photobucket

AFTER:

Photobucket

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so inspired now that I'm finally going to repaint my ceiling ..we scraped the popcorn off months ago and never got around to repainting (who the heck puts popcorn in a freaking kitchen???????????) Also on the agenda for tomorrow, fresh paint on the walls and moldings in the rest of the room. I'm on a roll!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repainted, now I'm loving the beadboard again! (pics)

Very pretty, very classy and colorful. I like white beadboard, but yours looks fantastic. I have similar oak cabs and might try that.

o

Very pretty. The paint made it all look brand new. Good job.

o

Looks great! I especially like the island, but I am partial to red islands...

o

Thanks so much :)

It's amazing that such a minimal expense as paint can be so transforming (and motivating!) Of course...now I want to buy new hardware for the cabinets, and a new kitchen table..so I can see right now that this is going to escalate on me! My little mini-makeover that started with just repainting a yucky backsplash will probably cost me a couple thousand dollars..lol!

o

It looks beautiful, warm and inviting. Great job!

o

What color was used on the island?

o

Creative!!!!!
I have to admit the before didn't look so terrible but the
after is amazing.
Enjoy your hard work.

o

Daisymc, I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you...I've been non-stop painting for the past few days!

I have no clue what the color name of that paint on the island is! I was at Home Depot, picking up more paint rollers, and I walked by the cart with the "Oops" paints...I saw this color on the top of one of the cans, and loved the color...I just had to buy it! Especially since it was only $5.00 (gotta love those Oops paints!) I had no clue what I was going to use the paint for....but I figured I'd find something to put it on! That's how it ended up on the island :)

I was browsing the Benjamin Moore color charts and it seems that the closest color would be the "Million Dollar Red" (at least according to my computer monitor)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here