Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
stains on white quartz

Posted by zarko123 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 23:24

I have a white Cambria quartz countertop. I know it is sensitive to heat. I noticed several stains that are under a silicone hot pad that I keep near the cooktop. the countertop is pure white and the stains are also whitish with borders around the stain. I have placed a lid from a pot on the hot pad as I cook so am wondering if somehow the hot steam from the lid or drops of the boiling water could have damaged the countertop under the hot pad? Is this possible?

Otherwise, I am at a loss as to what has caused these stains. It was hard to take a pic to attach.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: stains on white quartz

I have a light-colored quartz and have seen water rings left from glasses when the lighting is right, but they disappear after awhile. I don't think hot water through a silicone pad is enough to etch quartz. Can you feel the spots? I'd clean it with Soft Scrub with bleach for now. If they don't disappear, you could try a warranty call. Perhaps the resins in your lot of quartz didn't cure long enough or some other rare occurrence.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here