Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Silly sub zero question

Posted by catmom11746 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 23:03

How do you turn it on??!! We recently bought a house with a 48" subzero side-by-side. Knowing we wouldn't be moving in for a few weeks, we shut it off. Now we can't figure out how to turn it on!! It has power, but nothing happens when we touch the power "button." The display says 0 FF. no lights. The manual and everything we can find online simply says to turn it on. The builder said it was a combination of three buttons, but can't remember which. We called customer service, but they said no one from tech support is there until Monday. Help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Silly sub zero question

Maybe try unplugging it?

o

Mine is new, a different model, and I had it installed, so I don't really know how helpful I can be.

My installer mentioned that sometimes the temperature profile can be set to "demo" that will allow the lights to be on, but the temp controls remain off. There's a link below that discusses what to do in that case. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Demo mode

This post was edited by EAM44 on Mon, Aug 26, 13 at 0:55

o

You can go to the Subzero website and find the instruction manual for your fridge. Get the model number off of the tag inside the fridge. Then look up the instruction manual for it on the Subzero website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Subzero Library on Subzero Website

o

The problem is not a lack of manual. :)

"The manual and everything we can find online simply says to turn it on."

Sounds to me like it's "stuck" somehow so I'd unplug it, like kitten suggested. Actually probably easier to shut down the breaker.

If that doesn't work, the next thing I'd do is ask on appliances. State your model if you do that.

o

The manual online does not seem to address this, even in trouble shooting. There is a more detailed manual for my current apartment grade fridge than the one for my old SZ.

o

Oops, sorry I missed the manual mention in the OP. That's what I get for writing at 5 AM.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here