Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
switch plates-travertine/stone

Posted by babrown (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 22:57

I am in search of switch plates to match my back splash (or close enough). I have travertine durango tiles. I found a few sites that may have items to match, however, I need a switch plate with 4 rockers. Any ideas of where to get this...I would truly appreciate. Home Depot actually had something online that I could use, except they only offered a 3 rocker, not 4.
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: switch plates-travertine/stone

Have you checked with Columbia Gorge?

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Tile outlet covers

o

We used Columbia Gorge Stoneworks for outlet covers made out of our quartzite. We are very pleased with the results.They can do it out of your tiles if they are large enough. Do you have tiles large enough for the 4 gang?

Another option might be to use more compact switches. There are some types that put two switches in the space of one normal rocker and then you could use a two gang plate.

Backside of one of the plates they made:
 photo HPIM1269.jpg

photo HPIM1290.jpg

o

Try the tileshop.com

o

We used Columbia Gorge as well for our bathroom switchplates. They did a great job!

o

Wow, those look great cloud swift! I never even considered that option.

o

If you are up to making a sample board with your tile (easy, really - stick tiles to board with double sided tape, grout, let dry), you can then take the board into Staples or wherever and photocopy. (Then, you can chip the grout off and reuse your tiles).

You'll want to play with settings as you photo-copy, until you get a few which look really close in color to your tile.

Then... decouppage them on with modge-podge (sp?) or other glue and protect with a few coats.

o

Oldbat--
That is so impressive!!!!!

o

A talented painter did this for a friend of mine...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here