Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which poultice for raspberry vinaigrette on granite

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 22:51

The granite is Kashmir Gold and has been sealed, but someone put down a plate that had strawberries and raspberry vinaigrette and now there is a red stain on the granite. I tried washing it several times with just water and then Dawn and water and it's still there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which poultice for raspberry vinaigrette on granite

I got some Miracle Gro on granite and I mean the straight blue powder, not a diluted mixture. I put down a folded paper towel and soaked with peroxide. Then put several dry layers of paper towels on top. I kept repeating this over a week or so. It eventually pulled enough of the blue color out that it was barely noticeable.

o

Thanks. I didn't have a response by the time I went to bed last night and found a youtube video showing a poultice made of talcum powder and peroxide. I had some Shower to Shower and made it. I don't know if it is working as it has to stay on a few days before taking it off. If that doesn't work, I'll try straight peroxide and the paper towels.

I wish it had been something blue, at least that would have blended more with the counter than red.

o

I recently used some of Miracle Sealants brand poultice on my tile floor grout with great results. It is a fine powder that you can mix with water or different solvents, depending on the stain. My stain was melted butter. Followed the directions on the label (apply poultice, cover with plastic wrap and tape it down, wait the required hours) and the stain came right up. It worked equally as well on a few other stains of unknown origin. You can order it online from Home Depot (they didn't have it at the store), or directly from Miracle Sealants. A local tile supply house might also have it in stock. There might have been some specific instructions for applying to a polished surface. In any case, you can see all of the information about it on their website.

This post was edited by jellytoast on Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 19:21

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here