Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Freestanding refrigerator

Posted by jeremyma (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 22:49

Hi. The refrigerator that was in the house I bought a few years ago is older and dying. In looking to replace it, it is an older unit and so the nook in the cabinetry for it only allows for a small refrigerator. We have a bare wall, though, opposite the stove that has much more space. I was considering putting the refrigerator there where I could use a larger unit and then just filling the previous nook with other storage. Would this end up looking odd? Have other people gone other routes other than having to do major changes to existing cabinetry?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Freestanding refrigerator

when you say opposite the stove....how will it be if you are at the stove and someone wants to get into the fridge? usually larger appliances are staggered rather than directly across the aisle from one another. It depends tho, on how many inches are in the aisle/ what type of fridge/if you can recess the fridge a bit. What are the dimensions of the nook.....could be made wider? would it then be a better location in general? Look into the narrow but taller Liebherr fridge....very roomy because of good space allocation.

o
RE: Freestanding refrigerator

Can you post photos of the current fridge hole and the potential new spot?

I've had a freestanding fridge in a corner. It worked well enough and when we wanted to "remodel", we would turn the fridge 90 degrees. :P

If there's no conflict with traffic patterns, the main issue will be filling the old hole.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here