Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

Would these bar stools work?

redroze
15 years ago

Do you think these modern barstools would work in my kitchen? I saw them in person and they were stunning. Tell me if I'm so far off in left field... I want dark chocolate brown so it doesn't take away from the island, but I thought that metal legs would make it feel more open.

Leather and brushed chrome bar stools. They look weird and stretched wider in the photo, they actually are quite minimal in width (17" at the widest part and 14.5" for the seat back) and have a low profile which I like (I think they don't even peek over the counter).

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

I originally was thinking of something more safe like these leather parsons chairs. But I don't like the idea of them being too brown as our floors and island are brown. I want them to blend but not disappear.

{{!gwi}}

Partially-done kitchen that you've all seen a kajillion times:

Any other barstool (technically counter stool) styles would be much appreciated!

Not sure of the style for our kitchen table yet but we know it will be round. We may do a grey painted antique-looking table. I don't want to do more brown...and glass with a metal base would look nice but feel to formal. Kitchen chairs will be upholstered and all armchairs so they're comfy, in a neutral colour. (By the way, I don't want the island stools and kitchen chairs to be the same, as I don't like matchy-matchy furniture.) Kitchen chairs will be similar to these ones. If we decide to do a pattern on the chair, it will likely be a tone-on-tone fabric rather than this bright punchy orange one - I like the punches of colour to be in the accessories.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)