Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarina_gw

My trip to the fabricator place .

Sarina
10 years ago

The place I went to does granite and engineered stones and glass also. Very cool place. My trip there had me loving Cambria New Quay, Ceaserstone London Gray, The granite Bianco Antico and of course Blue Pearl which I do not think I can repeat in this kitchen because it does not get a ton of natural light ? It is still not out though totally as I am waiting for floor to go down before I would make a choice. I will have cabinets that are med dark brown called amaretto. Without a lot of natural light I am afraid if I did do blue pearl again in this place it would be to dark? I just do not know. If I did decide on blue pearl I wonder if I could do the island in London Gray. The kitchen is big .

Comments (29)

• ChitwoodsCabinets
    10 years ago

Whats really awesome with the Blue Pearl is the depth of the pieces. If you don't have alot of natural light coming in, I suggest using lighting fixtures to bring out the pearl affect. :)

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That is what I was wondering the kitchen will have a ton of lighting including three sets of under cab lights. Plus pendants over the breakfast bar. I am in love with the depth it has that is what drew me to it. It was love at first sight from then on and the color and sparkle :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is my cab color the Amaretto .

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh you have to scroll down a few pages.

• ChitwoodsCabinets
    10 years ago

Thats a sharp look.

I'll tell you my personal opinion though, I'm still leaning towards the New Quay.

The two colors are quite a bit different so its hard to see what vision you have. What backsplash are you doing? Do you have a term to describe your look?

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes they are different . I was not even thinking that light but then saw the New Quay and it jumped at me. If I do that my floor is a cream , taupe color porcelain will post it when I can . I would do a ceramic backsplash I had one I loved in my last house matte tiles from Meridith Tiles , they are now out of business:( They did handmade tiles. I will post a pic of my last kitchen so you can see the tiles, I do not really have a term for a look.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You can see from the picture my old cabs were so much warmer then the new ones I will have in my new house.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a pic of the floor and cabs. Everything is still dusty they are laying the floor. So what do you think Can I do blue pearl in here? A lighter color granite or a quartz like the New Quay?

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What do you all think of this granite? With the above floor and cabs. It is White Springs aka Cold Springs Aka Bianco Pimeravera. It is a taupe , gray and cream granite with some quartz. I am not used to the lighter stones and I do not like something to busy so I was wondering what this will look like on the counters?

• Gracie
    10 years ago

Can you post a photo of the tile from the manufacturer's website? The counter goes with the stained cabinets but it may be too gray (cool) for the floors.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I looked and I do not have the name. I picked it out at the builder and the name is somewhere in all our papers but lord knows where lol. Here is a close up of the tile it is not as light as it looks . Also does have gray veining in it .

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oh also the Granite as my daughter said just now is not as dark as the photo either has a sort of carmel color that reminds her of carmel sauce for ice cream running through it .

• herbflavor
    10 years ago

in your space,i think the backsplash will be a bigger player in terms of impact and creating a "look'. I can see a tan or biscuit shade of counter in quartz or granite if it's not very patterned and a really solid/good quality porcelain tile backsplash that coordinates with floor and wood and more simple counter. Floor and cabinets are definitely NOT cool in their tones...stay with warmer shades-tan/putty/biscuit/offwhites/etc. Sometimes you can take a cooler leaning tone with other surfaces that are in between-I don't think that will work here.The only other thing is maybe a green shade or go all the way dark like soapstone or very dark-almost black granite. But the tans and a lighter counter seems like it could be great ....not boring, if that's your worry. Get some more samples.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

With the darker granite though I worry the space will be to dark . Its getting more light in right now because the garage door in hall was not on yet. So given once its on and shut the light goes down a ton. The other window is in breakfast area does not get a lot of light in either as it has covered porch off it and we also are doing a screen pool enclosure off that. I am going to post another granite we saw today for you all to see that did have the floor right against it. I am taking my floor back over tomorrow because in all the confusion today with this granite I had thought we had seen it with floor yesterday but we had not :( So back over I go to check. Here is another contender but not sure about it in picture it is showing more gold/green but it was a cream. Light in place was bad.

• Lisa
    10 years ago

I love this last granite choice you have pictured here...it is a lot warmer than the other granite you posted and picks up the tile color well. Also, I tend to prefer having more contrast between the cabinet and counter like this.

• KBH
    10 years ago

I'm sorry - while I like that last granite and it does highlight the cream notes because the tile is right up against it, the floor will not be and I'm thinking you could end up with a layer of cool at the cabs and a layer of warm on the floor. I keep thinking you should look at one of the creamy granita - Colonial Cream or something like that?

• Gracie
    10 years ago

delete

This post was edited by may_flowers on Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 19:21

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well we took the floor over in person on the first granite that we thought we had taken a picture of with and no way it will go it looks awful . Love granite floor a no go. So here is one I took a pic of today with it called Sienna Cream . Then will post one with a very quiet Bianco Romano which to me is pretty but very sedate.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well we took the floor over in person on the first granite that we thought we had taken a picture of with and no way it will go it looks awful . Love granite floor a no go. So here is one I took a pic of today with it called Sienna Cream . Then will post one with a very quiet Bianco Romano which to me is pretty but very sedate.

{{!gwi}}

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Okay here is the Bianco Romano. What I mean by sedate I guess is there is not much pattern in this version of BR. What do you think?

• KBH
    10 years ago

The Bianco is okay - the the Sienna to me is way too cool again. It seems like you're looking to find a busy granite, which is my favorite, too. What about the Mascarello below or something like that? Or you mentioned Blue Pearl originally - have you thought about upping your lighting to compensate?

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There is 97 square feet of counter . There are five under counter lights and enough lights in the ceiling. There are two pendants and an eyeball over sink. I really do not like to busy of a granite .The one above I do not like the colors :( The designer there at the granite place thought for sure the one we had picked last night when we brought in floor was a no go as we knew the minute we placed it down. She thought the Sienna Cream was a good choice . I just do not know what to do . My heart is really with the Blue Pearl but hubby and daughter are just saying way to dark in the kitchen not enough light will look depressing etc:(

• KBH
    10 years ago

It sounds silly, but how about getting a bunch of navy paper and covering the counter with it to see how it is? If your heart is really set on it, I would try to make it work.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes I might wait till I move in and plan on doing something just like that . The trouble is when I picked the floor with the builder who is a tract one the sample was so so different from what I got . Also the cabinets are darker then the door samples we saw. It is all so backward too as with my kitchen remodel 8 years ago I picked my counter then the cabs and then searched for a long time for a floor that was just right with the colors. This of course is now in cabs and the floor and the granite is trying to be fit in . My hubby really likes that this choice.

• KBH
    10 years ago

It sounds silly, but how about getting a bunch of navy paper and covering the counter with it to see how it is? If your heart is really set on it, I would try to make it work.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The floor though is the major issue in doing blue pearl it is just not a goid color choice for it like my last kitchen.

• herbflavor
    10 years ago

the black veining in sienna cream is nice. If the dark blue granite is out this black veining might give you that element. The movement is better and more in synch with the floor than bianco romano I think, which is pebbly. If you're not going to do a really monochromatic light piece I'd do the sienna cream.It's got the right oomph,and a few shades of cream in the background so no problem doing a backsplash.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes I am not fond of the Bianco Romano at all that stone. Other versions I have seen are beautiful but again not really I am sure right for my kitchen. Here is another contender we saw today at another granite place. It is White Ice . It picks up the floor in person nicely is a little less busy then the Sienna Cream . What do you all think of this one?

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

In My hunts thru granite yards, I found many creamy granites: Millenium cream, ivory cream, river white, ivory fantasy, & imperial white. I still have all the pictures, just have to learn to post them.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have seen no ivory granites here:( This is so disheartening. I am thinking I will have to go to Cambria etc . The New Quay one I do not think goes now. Any other Cambria etc color you all can suggest ?

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA