Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctbert

Soapstone seller/installer for western ma?

ctbert
10 years ago

Hi
I am wondering of anyone can recommend a soapstone supplier/fabricator/ installer in New England who does installations in western Ma area?
Thank you

Comments (12)

• fshrdan
    10 years ago

I am having Vermont Soapstone come next Wednesday and I am in Northern Vermont, they are in Southern VT just off 91. They did an install for someone in my town a month ago who gave them a great recommendation.

• williamsem
    10 years ago

I've read great things about Central New England Soapstone, located in eastern NY.

• wonderrn
    10 years ago

I live on the South Shore and used Integrity Stone out of New Hampshire. They were excellent. They had a fantastic special on classic soapstone...we had purchased it for $60/sqft. Great customer service, personable and friendly. Install was great...one seam behind sink that is barely visible. There is also Dorado in western ma...we visited them but due to the great deal went with Integrity Stone. You can check them out on their website. Good luck!

• ctbert
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the ideas everyone
    Williamsem, I haven't heard of the one in ny. I will check them out
    Fshrdan, I would love to hear how it goes with Vermont Soapstone
    Wonderm, I don't think integrity comes this far out , but I will check into it
    Our KD and GC haven't used it- they said its much more expensive than granite- but I have just loved the pics on Houzz and recently came upon posts by all the soapstone lovers here. I think Dorado is in centrAl Ma - ill have to check them out also. What did you get?

• wonderrn
    10 years ago

We checked out a few different places per the kitchen designer. Average prices for soapstone in this area per our experience was $90-110 per sqft. My husband was actually looking on craig's list for remnants when he found an advertisement from Integrity Stone. Our soapstone is considered the classic soapstone. Probably the softest of the varieties...your fingernail can scratch it. We have had it installed for a little over a year and a half. I certainly don't baby it and we are very pleased with it. There are a few minor dings here and there...are style is a little on the rustic side and I love the living, worn look. I do oil it from time to time when the mood strikes. I will attach a few pictures today that I took after I oiled it. I would definitely give Integrity Stone a call-Sarena works in the office.

• wonderrn
    10 years ago

closer look

• wonderrn
    10 years ago

another one-around the sink...gets the most wear and tear

• wonderrn
    10 years ago

main run of counterspace-again lots of wear and tear

• wonderrn
    10 years ago

Hi, so I just gave Integrity Stone a call-spoke with Sarena and she said that they absolutely service Western MA region. I definitely would give them a call. As I stated earlier they were so easy to deal with. Our kitchen reno was primarily a DIY. We did have our kitchen cabinets installed as well as counters obviously. We dealt with them directly vs having the KD. They were so patient with all my phone calls and questions. Their number is 603-319-4060. Also, when we were doing our research I did also speak with Vermont Soapstone...I did get a sample of their soapstone...I found it to be very gritty...didn't have the smooth feel of soapstone we were looking for. Best of luck and happy hunting.

• ctbert
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks so much, wonderrn!
    Your kitchen is beautiful! And I love the counter tops!
    Integrity doesn't list soapstone on their web site - I will have to call them.

• wonderrn
    10 years ago

Thanks...we are very pleased with how our kitchen turned out..most of our fam/friends have white kitchens...but the alder cabinets suit us. Best of luck with whoever you choose...hope things go smoothly for you. You will have to post pics once you are able.

• ctbert
    Original Author
    10 years ago

fshrdan
    Did you get your soapsone installd from Vermont Spapstone?
    Wondering what your experience was.
    Thanks

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz