Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

What is this for? please

Posted by imcanadian (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 22:21

Any idea what this? Its about a foot tall. Made of unglazed clay and has a lid. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: What is this for? please

wine cooler? water evaporates through the clay and keeps wine cool.

RE: What is this for? please

oh ok, the bottle would stick out the top and you would put ice down the sides?

RE: What is this for? please

The flat thing is actually a base or trivet. You soak the chiller in water and put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes or so and then take it out and put the bottle of wine in it. You can put ice in the very bottom but you don't have to.

RE: What is this for? please

Thank you so much for taking time to respond!

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here