Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hags00

Show me your cabinet knobs and pulls!!

hags00
11 years ago

Had to keep it clean ladies and gents! Restarting this thread per a couple of requests to make it easy to find!

Show those of us in the planning or implementing phase some beautiful (and not so beautiful) pictures!

Comments (116)

• texaspenny
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

This thread is such a great resource. Here's mine! Berenson Aspire. We did the 128mm on the small drawers next to the stove and 160mm everywhere else. It's a little hard to see, but they are hourglass shaped - wide at the top and then tapers in the middle.

• doonie
    10 years ago

I ordered our knobs and pulls through Restoration Hardware. Our center island is a slightly distressed maple, so I chose "older" looking hardware for it. All cabinetry is custom Plain and Fancy line, beaded and inset.

Pull on the drawers and knobs on the doors:

Perimeter cabinets are a medium stained cherry, no distressing. There is more contrast between the cabinetry than is evident in these photos.

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

I ordered a couple of samples of the pulls linked below, and I love them! They are heavy and solid. I ordered both 3-3/4 and 5", thinking I would prefer the wider, but I'm glad I ordered both.

I was also convinced I would put pulls horizontally on upper cabinet doors - I love that look in many kitchens here! But when I actually put the pulls up to my cabinet doors, it didn't reach out and grab me.

I think what we've decided is to put the longer pulls on drawers, and the smaller ones vertically on uppers. The exceptions are the pull-outs above the fridge (which are more like drawers) - those will be horizontal larger size, mostly so I can reach them. I have only 3 lower doors - sink base and a 9" tray cabinet - and those will get horizontal pulls (probably the smaller size).

My son suggested (only half-joking) that I place the pulls diagonally on the uppers.

I've been stressing over this decision for weeks, but now that I have objects in my hands, it seems much easier! My existing cabinets are not a lot different than the new ones, so I'm hoping that our feelings will be the same in July, when the new ones are installed.

Here is a link that might be useful: South Bay pulls

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I can finally post pics of my hardware. Knobs, 96mm pull, 6'' pull and dishwasher pull.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

This thread was a huge help to me. I so enjoyed seeing all the beautiful combinations.

• Laura517
    10 years ago

Great thread!
    I need to order mine this weekend while Restoration Hardware is having their sale. Is there a rule for size of pull vs size of drawer? There are so many choices...I'm overwhelmed. Someone posted using 4 1/2" cup pulls on slab drawers and 6 1/4" cup pulls on larger drawers but less than 21" wide. So if the drawer is 24" wide and deep what size would you use?

• KnobDeco
    10 years ago

Hi..

You can find the best designs and good quality brands cabinet knobs and pulls from amerock, siro designs, Alno Inc, Hickory Hardware, Jeffrey Alexander, Sierra Lifestye, RK International, Top Knobs and more...

please make sure your requirement and grab the best options..

Nice Topics..Thanks!

• miruca
    10 years ago

Love this thread - and absolutely love breezygirl's all horizontal pulls!

• maggie530
    10 years ago

bump

• Parachuting
    10 years ago

I have strap pulls and rectangle knobs in my kitchen. I used them on both my antique white and maple glazed cabinets. I think they are Amerock Candler collection. I ordered them through my cabinet maker. I'm very happy with them, both in looks and in function.

HTH.

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Ooo, I've been waiting for this one to come around again, so I could finally play! No countertops yet, but the pulls are all in.

Pantry cabinets:

I swore I was going to do all horizontal pulls, after seeing such beautiful examples here. We tried out our pulls on our old cabinets, and horizontal looked great. When I told our cabinetmaker what I was thinking he said "Jeff [his installer] will do whatever you want. He might think it's weird, but he'll do it."

But when the new cabs were in place, horizontal just didn't look right. I'm very pleased with our decision.

They are Bayport House, South Bay, in satin nickel. All are 6" long, except on the little drawer next to the sink, which is 4". I got them from Knob Depot. I love the way they feel - smooth and substantial.

• heidihausfrau
    10 years ago

I like my pulls. Someone warned us we would catch our pants on them, but it hasn't happened.

• kam76
    10 years ago

Parachuting love your pulls and your backsplash! I don't think I have seen your kitchen before. Have you posted more pictures of it?

• cevamal
    10 years ago

Has anyone ordered from knobdeals.com?

I have no affiliation, my neighbor just recommended them. I don't love the thought of paying $$$ then discovering I don't love them and having to ship back and pay a restocking fee.

• blackchamois
    10 years ago

This is a great thread!

@mamadadapaige - if you are still out there, where did you get the pulls in your kitchen? Very nice!

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

bump

• quadesl
    10 years ago

We went with three different sizes of Amerock ORB pulls.

{{gwi:1944126}}

This post was edited by Quadesl on Sat, Jan 11, 14 at 14:29

• Kim
    10 years ago

Show us more please. I am now at the backsplash and pull selection phase and it could last a loooong time!

• Muffett
    10 years ago

I went simple and used all pulls all the same size. Amerock BP29111-G10 Allison Value Hardware 128-Millimeter Center-to-Center Pull, Satin Nickel

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

Oh, the eye candy!
    There are some gorgeous kitchens, let alone really nice hardware.

It's interesting how a pull/knob takes on a whole different look when it's finally attached!

Now, everyone who has bad photo links, FIX 'EM!
    Thank you very much.

• dawn_t
    10 years ago

LOL CEFreeman

I fell hard for a cup pull I saw here, several years ago, but could not remember who's kitchen it was. Finally found them at Lee Valley. They've been installed for awhile and I still luv'em lots!
    French Farm Suite (I think) and sorry, only close pic I have...

• enduring
    8 years ago

Great thread! I have IKEA Section base cabinet drawers. I would like to ask if people that installed pulls on the stiles, are having issues with a prying like action on their drawers as they open them over time. The IKEA drawer fronts are attached differently to the box, compared to the framed cabinets in my kitchen. The pics on IKEA all show the pulls on the stiles of the drawer stacks. Putting the pull inside the panel doesn't look strong enough, because the inset panel is not very thick. I don't have pics of my cabinets as I'm away from home for a week.

Hags00 post about 2/3 down is what I was thinking of doing because that is how IKEA shows the Laxaby drawer fronts with pulls. Though I worry about the prying action on the metal boxes. Maybe it's a non issue. I would be happy with any information.

Thanks.

• ck_squared
    8 years ago

I'm glad this thread resurfaced! Lots of good information for those of us looking for pulls (we've moved on to our master bath now).

mushcreek - what a cool idea! Would love to see a full-view shot of more drawers.

We used Richelieu Contemporary Metal Handle Pull 873 in brushed nickel. Same size on everything.

• perky_2
    8 years ago

We used Top Knobs knobs, drops and pulls

http://www.topknobs.com/collections/tuscany.html

• enduring
    8 years ago

I reserected this thread to get info on iSection drawer fronts and placement of handles on the Lexarby. Anyone have info? Hags00 asked a similar question with regular framed cabinets. That post is about 2/3 down from the bottom. My post is 4 posts up.

• mushcreek
    8 years ago

Here's half of the kitchen. Pay no attention to the custom particle board counters... and floors.

• ck_squared
    8 years ago

That looks so cool, mushcreek! Thanks for posting the pic. LOVE the particleboard counters. You may start a trend! ;-)

• mushcreek
    8 years ago

...at least it wouldn't be such a waste when they got ripped out in a few years for the latest trend.

• Anna Kristín Gisla
    8 years ago

We are redoing our kitchen (at this moment so i do not have any pictures) and we chose pulls like these but had them powder coated in white to match the cabinets.

Modern White Kitchen · More Info

• beth09
    8 years ago

mushcreek, really cool and really unique. Home run!

• Dawn_T
    8 years ago

Beautiful mushcreek!

Don't be jealous, but I lived with plywood counters for almost 2yrs. My home has been a long, slow, DIY build (7yrs now) and I get a little tired sometimes :)

• santabarbaratara
    8 years ago

This thread has been very valuable in my pull search but also to help alleviate the panic of finding just the right pulls before my cabinets get here. I'd rather have temporary blue tape pulls than permanent pulls that I settled on in haste. Great thread!

• beth09
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

" I'd rather have temporary blue tape pulls "

Ok, some of you might get a kick out of this. Until now, and we are talking lurking for a couple years before posting a few months ago, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why some people had blue tape on everything.....

*tiptoes out of the room*

LOL

• enduring
    8 years ago

Here is my solution to the IKEA Sektion Laxarby in black brown finish. I used Amerock Guilded Bronze. I cant remember the model. I still have the counter, bottom and top crown at the upper cabinets.

The pulls are all placed near the top of each drawer, even if it is a slabbed front, because of the irregular center drawer that doesn't line up the the side drawers with the inset panel.

Knobs placed 1/3 from the bottom to match my kitchen in the room next door.

• Mary Ann Fido
    8 years ago

Love this forum! I need some design advice... I found a "bar" pull for my kitchen drawers (Emtek Alexander), but the largest available is 8" (actual is 8 3/8). Sadly, they don't make this particular style in 10 or 12". Would love your opinion...will 8" bar look too small on 36" drawers? (White Shaker full overlay). Thanks! Mary Ann

• busymom03
    7 years ago

Let's get this started again! Anyone have pulls they want to add to this - looking for ideas for white shaker-ish cabinets.

• nhbaskets
    7 years ago

I had posted mine previously from our former home. New home means new pulls!

Top Knob cup pulls and knobs in polished chrome. Schaub pulls on DW, trash, and spice pullout.

• busymom03
    7 years ago

nhbaskets - what a pretty kitchen - love your island color!

• Rebecca
    7 years ago

Wished I had seen this thread when I was sweating over mine. Ended up with glass knobs on top and horizontal Antique English finish pulls from Richileu on the bottom. Cabinets are BM Soft Fern, except the sink cabinet is Antique Parchment.

• mrspete
    7 years ago

Lovely things on this thread! I have the hardware for my new kitchen already:

• nicole___
    7 years ago

Amerock Candler

• cpartist
    7 years ago

Most of the folks here tend to be ABB. I'm worried I'm going to be ABK.

• Jodi_SoCal
    7 years ago

ABB / ABK?

• AnnKH
    7 years ago

All But Backsplash/All But Knobs?

• Jodi_SoCal
    7 years ago

Thanks for the clarification!

• jpmom
    7 years ago

Top Knobs — Chareau Collection in Polished Chrome

Varied the size of the handles (3 inch, 5 inch & 7 inch)

Used knobs on some of the drawers

Also used crystal knobs over on the bar area upper cabinets

Kitchen before and after · More Info

• mushcreek
    7 years ago

Cpartist- It took me 4 months to collect our antique pulls, so we started out with these crude ones made out of scrap lumber-

• mrspete
    7 years ago

All But Backsplash/All But Knobs?

I couldn't figure that one out!

• Top Market
    2 years ago

HandleMax proudly offers a wide selection of quality handles and knobs at a fraction of the costs of those from big home improvement stores. Our prices are typically 70%-80% lower than our big box store competitors. We source directly and, thus, can pass on the savings to our customers. Moreover, HandleMax sells products with excellent quality. We work with OEM factories constantly to improve the quality and broaden our offering of cabinet pulls. Equally important, we provide best-in-class customer service.